Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : z800/v800 help
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > z800/v800 help Bookmark topic
strmrdr23 Posts: 3

ok, don't laugh at me cause i'm new to this umts/3g stuff...i just picked up a z800 (?) er, or is it the v800? how can i tell which is which? how do i figure out which firmware version i have? how can i get it to play mp3s??? i have a little usb cable but i've seen some reference to maybe another usb cable...or some kinda sync station...i've downloaded the sync station software but is there an actual piece of hardware i need to? i'm not sure what it means to flash it...er, unless you mean me getting naked haha...i am using the cingular network in seattle and they offer 1900mhz UMTS here but i thought it was a different freq than the japanese wcdma freq (2100mhz) but i may be wrong...i would like to use the phone to it's full capabilities. thanks in advance, everyone
--
Posted: 2005-08-09 04:22:58
Edit : Quote

jalal Posts: 255

If you have any sort of Vodafone branding on your V/Z800 then its a V and not a Z.

To find out what FW you have on your V/Z press right arrow then press * then twice press left arrow then press * then press the left arrow then press * you should now be in the service menu.

I use a Bluetooth dongle to send and receive from my laptop. You can use that or IR or a sync station(http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ae&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp4_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp4_1&pid=10161) to send and receive from your computer. You can also use the cable that came with your phone "I think" haven't tried it.

Flashing your phone is putting new FW in it. No need to get excited and get naked with it.
--
Posted: 2005-08-09 13:06:15

Quote:
To find out what FW you have on your V/Z press right arrow then press * then twice press left arrow then press * then press the left arrow then press * you should now be in the service menu.

thanks so much, man! i couldn't figure out the steps above, tho...when i press the arrows they take me to shortcuts...i know, i'm a dumb *ss...d'oh
--
Posted: 2005-08-10 06:48:55

jalal Posts: 255

I know they take you to short cuts or whatever you've assigned the arrows to. Just keep on pressing as explained and you'll get to the service menu.
--
Posted: 2005-08-10 10:06:05

oh man! thanks! i figured it out now! you guys rule

Quote:
On 2005-08-10 10:06:05, jalal wrote:
I know they take you to short cuts or whatever you've assigned the arrows to. Just keep on pressing as explained and you'll get to the service menu.

--
Posted: 2005-08-17 04:20:29

michael the mage Posts: > 500

And to find if its V or Z just take the battery out and look at the inside sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Posted: 2005-08-17 06:05:39

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home