Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : flashed z800 no network with t-mobile
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > flashed z800 no network with t-mobile Bookmark topic
miketo Posts: 2

I have a v800se flashed to z800 with firmware R1Y005. I am with t-mobile USA in bay area, CA. The problem is i can't receive or make calls. I either have no bars or when i have 2-3 bars, the t-mobile does not appear. I've read that the internal antenna could be the problem, but i don't know in my case since other than at home and at school, i have full reception. One other thing is that in Preferred Network, there are like 20ish networks names, would it interfere in any way.
Btw what t-mobile mnc should i keep cuz there are a bunch.
Is there a difference between mnc=26 and mnc=260 for t-mob?
Lastly, if i have to change the internal antenna, how hard is it? Cus i can buy the antenna and a t6 online but when it's open what would i have to do? soldering?

Thanks for any help!!
--
Posted: 2006-01-21 22:51:43
Edit : Quote

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

Could be a problem with the connector between the aerial and the phone pcb. I have to V800s that have a similar problem - one doesn't have this cable, and on the other it is broken. It is a small white cable with a circular connector that plugs in under and next to one of the screen connectors on the pcb. It may just need the phone taking apart and this connector plugging in.

Mine will often say either 'emergency calls only' or 'no network available' because of this, and will only get 2 or 3 bars on Orange - and they have a transmitter practically on top of me!
--
Posted: 2006-01-21 22:58:58

miketo Posts: 2

thx sammy_boy, i ordered the parts, so i'll have to wait. If it is just (un)plugging things, that'd be easy, just cross my fingers
--
Posted: 2006-01-22 03:32:28

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home