Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Technical : T68 & Win xp pro compatibility ?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > T68 & Win xp pro compatibility ? Bookmark topic
Page12>

Claus Posts: 63

HI

Does anyone know if the T68 and the software will work flawlessly with WIN XP pro edt. ?

I need to be able to both synchronise calandar apps“, tranfer pics and TO DO's currently via IR but hopefully soon via bluetooth PC card !

--
Posted: 2002-01-29 15:37:00
Edit : Quote

rayorch Posts: 5

I own a shop in Bournemouth, Dorset. Called Powerzone and we sell an infrared adapter that works with any windows version (including windows XP)and the T68 as I use it at home. Its made by Tekram, Costs £24.99
--
Posted: 2002-01-29 17:16:00

Doesn't anybody know if T68 and the software XTNDConnect works with WIN XP pro ?

I need to know NOW - because I'm planning on upgrading my laptop to XP one of these days......the sooner the better

--
Posted: 2002-01-30 16:03:00

MO Posts: 114

I have had problems XTNDConnect in WinXP Pro.

Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't, but maybe this is due to the drivers for my Infrared device (MA-600).

As far as I'm concerned you use a laptop with built-in IR-port, so if the drivers for this one is stable with WinXP Pro, then I assume that XTNDConnect would work fine.

I would give it a try...
--
Posted: 2002-01-30 16:16:00

MO Posts: 114

Oh...

I'm also having problems with the Mobile Phone Monitor.

It finds the phone when connected, but if I remove the phone without removing the IR-connection (e.g if the telephone rings and I take it out of range from the IR-device) then when I put the phone back in range the mobile phone monitor (and all the applications that uses it) can not find the phone again. Then I have to go to Mobile Phone Monitor, manually remove 'My T68' and 'My SIM' so it can detect it again.

I hope you have the courage to try it out, so you can tell if you get same kind of "symptoms"
--
Posted: 2002-01-30 16:24:00

Jim Posts: > 500

Hi I don't have any problem with XTND and XP, but I have the T39m and a cable

Note: I HAD problem with XTND but I dowloaded the service pack 4 and now there is no more problem
--
Posted: 2002-01-30 17:25:00

Orka Posts: 310

I have posted again the same here in Esato, but anyway.
I use the following:
IR: Actisys ACT-IR210L which is connected directly to the MB and needs no drivers in any Micrososft's operating system.
Windows XP professional
And the XTNDconnect pc downloaded for site for the T68 ( a file which is around 15 MB)
I have no problem to connect and syncronize my pc (outlook) with my phone. The only thing I did was to remove the tray icon (the one which is installed with XTNDconnect pc) from the windows' registry. I didn't change even the IR speed to 9600. I left it to 115200 and it works fine.
If you have any questions please mail me. However, I cannot help you on "where can I find this ir"

Hope to help you!

--
Posted: 2002-01-30 18:19:00

Thanks for usefull info.

This place is just a gold mine - full of helpfull & nice people.

--
Posted: 2002-02-02 13:38:00

hompy Posts: 15

Image transfer works perfectly, dunno about xtndpc.I use a bluetooth usb device
--
Posted: 2002-02-02 13:52:00

Xylic Posts: 3

How did you get Phone monitor to detect the phone? I also run Windows XP, but phone monitor don't show any phone. I use bluetooth and connecting to Internet through bluetooth and GPRS/GSM works fine. But syncronisation with Outlook XP doesn't work, since phone monitor don't detect T68.

I have chosen the T68 modem driver for Bluetooth on settings for the phone in the Control Panel, but to no help.
--
Posted: 2002-02-13 12:31:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home