Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : O2 limit access to payg
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > O2 limit access to payg Bookmark topic
MsJ Posts: 85

I had heard that o2 pay and go customers are NOT getting full Mobile Web Access. Does anyone know if this is correct?? Please. It would explain alot to all those on o2 payg, who are experiencing problems with settings & connection. This message was posted from a Nokia
--
Posted: 2006-02-03 10:46:59
Edit : Quote

stevemiddie Posts: 105

Hi. I am on O2 P&G and my sim is new. Got it last week . GPRS is working fine for me so far. Not being charged either but that may be because its free for the first month? I,m not really sure.
--
Posted: 2006-02-03 11:11:51

Well the Motorola L7 i got last week is going back to be exchanged now. Could do more on a Nokia 3510i . . . . This message was posted from a Nokia
--
Posted: 2006-02-03 13:19:46

Luke-the-magic-man Posts: > 500

yep on pay as you go the gprs is limited which really pisses me off, but they are moving towards imode now, so it prob wont make alot of difference
--
Posted: 2006-02-04 03:13:45

I can get on most i-mode pages with a nokia on O2. . . . But that Motorola SLVR L7 - huh! No way. . . . .So i took the Moto back and got a SE750i on Orange. ! This message was posted from a Nokia
--
Posted: 2006-02-05 01:40:29

peanut Posts: > 500

Bit of an odd one this. You're not getting what they call 'mobile web' but in my experience this has never stopped me getting any web page I want from my smart phone. It does stop you from using any built in web client though, and for some (some seem to be able to) they can't connect via a laptop.

I-mode isn't really a replacement for web access though as it uses sites particularly chosen for the service and the screen format that a phone generally uses.

Quote:
On 2006-02-03 10:46:59, MsJ wrote:
I had heard that o2 pay and go customers are NOT getting full Mobile Web Access.
Does anyone know if this is correct?? Please.
It would explain alot to all those on o2 payg, who are experiencing problems with settings & connection.

This message was posted from a Nokia

--
Posted: 2006-02-05 14:30:18

I did find that i had a better connection to o2 if i used my mms settings as my wap settings. Just didnt have a displayed homepage, but i was stil connected .:-) This message was posted from a K750
--
Posted: 2006-02-05 15:02:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home