Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Rumours of a SE slider with a twist from Mobileburn (possibly Handycam model?)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Rumours of a SE slider with a twist from Mobileburn (possibly Handycam model?) Bookmark topic
Page123456>

shaliron Posts: > 500

Just read this from mobileburn:
"While schmoozing with Rikko Sakaguchi, Senior VP and head of Products and Application Planning for Sony Ericsson on Monday night, we got a little inside information on new handsets to be released by the company in the near future.

While Sony Ericsson has done candy bar, flip, and spinner style handsets, one thing it has not touched so far is the slider. That may change very soon.

It seems as though Sony Ericsson is set to unveil a slider with a difference at a press event on the 28th of this month. What that difference will be exactly is something that we were unable to get out of Sakaguchi, though his hand gestures were interesting indeed. By the looks of things, the slider may have a number of buttons available on the front, ala S700, and when opened the handset could either slide out from the top, or the orientation of the device change to landscape mode. While Sakaguchi could not go into any more detail about the device, he certainly looked very proud of the design, and excited about its launch.

Along with all of this, Sakaguchi also said that we would probably see "four or five" new Walkman phones during 2006, though that included the W950 that was about to be launched. Sony Ericsson also aims to bring Walkman branded handsets to all product tiers, not just the mid- to high-end devices they have released previously.

MobileBurn will be at the press event later this month, so tune in for all the details as they are announced."

Great news! I guess that this could mean that SE will use the more market friendly slider over swivel. More compact than a swivel and can't wait to see if it comes true.

[ This Message was edited by: shaliron on 2006-05-13 04:49 ]
--
Posted: 2006-02-18 08:42:51
Edit : Quote

david1975 Posts: > 500

yeah i read about this to on the same site will be interesting to see a slider phone if se say they will release about twent phones like mentioned on another thread i think they might go for four or five walkman phones and the non branded versions of them
--
Posted: 2006-02-18 09:02:59

goldenface Posts: > 500

Very interesting. It would be good to see an SE version of the ever popular slider. About time too although I'd like to see if it is high or low end. Samsungs D600 is a tough one to beat... I wonder what prefix the new model will have. E300? :-) This message was posted from a S700
--
Posted: 2006-02-18 13:07:24

shyam335 Posts: > 500

Very intersting indeed,It seems like itll have some uniqueness with form factor (?). Wonder what specs'll be like.
--
Posted: 2006-02-18 18:06:47

PeterKay Posts: > 500

It's great to know more phones are to be announced soon.
Problem is we have tooooo many to choose from

But thats one problem i don't mind havin

--
Posted: 2006-02-18 19:22:59

goldenface Posts: > 500

I agree. Lots of Goods already this year, roll on 28th Feb. This message was posted from a S700
--
Posted: 2006-02-19 01:37:21

ayk Posts: 111

yaaawn! shouldn't se be releasing some phones rather than just announcing them?
--
Posted: 2006-02-19 14:01:55

PeterKay Posts: > 500

They will do, be patient my dear friend

--
Posted: 2006-02-19 14:29:40

Chazzer3 Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-02-19 14:01:55, ayk wrote:
yaaawn! shouldn't se be releasing some phones rather than just announcing them?

I like that, a nice blunt comment.
--
Posted: 2006-02-19 14:33:16

arj2442 Posts: 308

Very interesting....i think a high end slide phone would sell very well...3.2 cam, large screen...hmmmm

Sounds good!

ALthough as already said, beating d600/d700 (will b announced soon probs) is guna b difficult. I would liek an se slide phone though..something a little different after k700 and k750 i have owned...

I wanna have that sexy sexy feeling...you know...the one you felt the first time you opened a d500!!!...come on guys you know what im talkin about Damn Sexy!

AJ
--
Posted: 2006-02-19 20:28:21
Page123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home