Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : smart's 3iG
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > smart's 3iG Bookmark topic
Page12>

doc_othan Posts: 20

i visisted a smart wireless earlier, and inquired for their 3G. the customer service i talked to earlier told me that we need a 3G sim card for 3G to work. then this girl in the wireless told me that we could use 3G even if i use old sim cards as long as the phone is 3G-enabled. so then i tried to put my smart sim to my K600i and detected a 3G signal. but sadly, i still need to set my GPRS .

BTW, the girl made some setting on my phone and i asked her what she's doing. she said that she is setting my phone for smart 3G. i then asked her to teach me how to do it cause i still use my k600 for SUN. she nonchallantly said that she "learned" to program cellphones for 3 months and if i use again my phone to another network, i have to re-set my phone if im gonna use it for smart. i think that's crap

anyway, does someone here in the esato forum be kind enough to teach me/us how to set up K600i for smart 3iG?

many thanks in advance

--
Posted: 2006-02-21 16:21:58
Edit : Quote

senninha Posts: > 500

just go to the SE website support section and have the settings sent to your phone
--
Posted: 2006-02-21 16:24:40

presently, i swithed back my samrt sim to my tanager and my sun sim to my k600i, so i could talked to my GF unlimited
ill probably test my 3G tomorrow

@ seninha:

i think its the network setting for such phone that i need to know. probably, the SE website would configure the phone for general settings but not for specific network settings

thanks

[ This Message was edited by: doc_othan on 2006-02-21 15:27 ]
--
Posted: 2006-02-21 16:24:46

Johnex Posts: > 500

Look at the connection settings that your smart 3g phone has. Write those down and copy them to the other phone. This message was posted from a Z1010
--
Posted: 2006-02-21 16:41:39

initially, my k600i runs SUN network. the settingsin the data comm. has SUN mms and GPRS. same with the internet settings.

then i inserted the Smart sim to run under smart network. The phone setting was done by the customer servise at smart. the settings in my data comm. now includes smart mms and gprs aside from the sun mms and gprs. now the thing is, whe is view my internet settings, there is only smart mms and gprs. NO SUN

i cannot just copy the settings because the settings cannot be editted. i think its just via OTA. i dont know
--
Posted: 2006-02-21 17:05:32

kabukijep Posts: 185

the smart cust svc rep you talked to is not talking crap at all. SE GPRS/MMS settings (pre-W550/W900 where this is handled differently) tend to be flaky when you have multiple data accts and internet profiles set up. you do have to do a master reset on the phone if you want to use MMS/GPRS under a different network than the settings you have on your phone. since youre bent on using your K600 during the smart 3g trial you might as well use your sun sim on a backup phone
--
Posted: 2006-02-21 19:03:45

ah, OK
Sorry smart

i'm just used to have multiple data accounts in my tanager where i even used a dual sim on it, switching between SUN and SMART. i even had globe account on it one time. i used my smart and globe for wap/internet. and sun for unlimited talk and text. now i use my sun in k600 for video messaging because my tanager cannot do it., probably, once k610 arrives and i have extra bling-bling, and hope for a same price range as k600, ill get one and replace my tanager
--
Posted: 2006-02-22 02:15:50

kabukijep Posts: 185

i didnt know sun can do vid msging
--
Posted: 2006-02-22 06:14:50

oh yes. you can do video messaging thru sun. we've done it lots of times. as long as your cellphone and the recipient's cellphone is capable of video messaging. we both have SE k600i
--
Posted: 2006-02-22 08:48:51

619 Posts: > 500

gez..

i sold 5 k600i last week, before giving the units to the buyers i make sure the units im selling can do vid calls:

i placed my smart (tested w/ video call) sim inside the new k600i and tested the video call... to Dlreyes (as he is the only person i know who has successfully video call last week)

meaning, you dont have to put anything as in anything... just put your smart sim.. and search for the 3g network thats it.

but take note, im using a smart buddy prepaid... bec my smart gold postpaid can make video call until now...
--
Posted: 2006-02-23 11:55:08
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home