Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : 3g?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > 3g? Bookmark topic
Xugaa Posts: > 500

what exactly is 3g and what can i do with it?

i saw in a shop once, some movies (e.g. monty python - holy grail) on a stick or something, is that to do with 3g phones? i think it said so...

since the k800 seems more appealing to me because its got 3g, but what exactly would i do with it... or the k790, with edge.. would i be better off with that??? hmmm

thanks for the help, last one tonight, so don't hate me administrators lol
--
Posted: 2006-02-28 22:54:16
Edit : Quote

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

I think it's basically the same as what you're used to except faster internet/download speeds, and the facility for video calling (which I don't really know anyone that uses, even if they have 3g phones!)

You can watch videos on mem sticks with a 2G phone, but you can't watch them online, gprs is too slow for that, that's where 3g is more useful if you're into such things
--
Posted: 2006-02-28 23:04:32

masseur Posts: > 500

3g is simply a higher bandwidth data capability.

This can be used for pure data such as internet browsing, or for video calling since this also requires alot of data to send and receive the video images

here is another thread I just found which you might like to read

What is 3G, edge, umts

and this one

What is 3G?

etc etc...
--
Posted: 2006-02-28 23:05:21

Xugaa Posts: > 500

yeah, i saw in 'The Link' a phone shop in the Uk, some memory stick looking things, but they had films on them, like buyinga dvd, but for phones. they were for 3g phones, and i saw things like monty python, spiderman, terminator, stuff like that???
--
Posted: 2006-02-28 23:16:09

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home