Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Getting 3G to work in the U.S? Please Help.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Getting 3G to work in the U.S? Please Help. Bookmark topic
Xcelrrate Posts: 2

Hi all, i have a unlock SE K608i and have the new Cingular 3G SIM card. Went to a cingular corporate store here in Las Vegas and supposedly had my 3 G set up and stuff. Since it was an unlock phone, it was an unknown GSM device, so they had to scan my phone's IMEI bar code on the back of the phone. They told me that they needed to do that so that Cingular will registered it as a 3G phone and send the appropriate signal/info to the phone. If you look here http://cingular.mediaroom.com/index....ases&item=1390 you can see that Cingular already has their 3G network up here in Las Vegas. My concern was that i know that the SE K608i UMTS signal uses 1900MHz and 2100MHz but Cingular only has 1900MHz open up, as the 2100MHz is for military use only! Does any body know if i will be able to use 3G and Video calling??

Thanks in Advance !!
--
Posted: 2006-03-04 22:47:28
Edit : Quote

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@Xcelrrate

European UMTS handsets will not work on Cingular's UMTS network. The lack of the 2100 MHz frequency means that you won't be able to use the 3G features of your K608i. Even if Cingular were using the 2100 MHz frequency, I believe that American UMTS will use the frequencies differently to European UMTS.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-03-06 01:37 ]
--
Posted: 2006-03-06 02:16:36
Edit : Quote

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home