Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup : Email Problems, please help!!!!!!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Email Problems, please help!!!!!! Bookmark topic
apottsa@aol.com Posts: 1

Hi there, sorry to go through this again but I'm having real problems with this bloody email program on the T68, to the point that it if don't work soon, I'm gonna get a nokia 8310 instead.

I have crated a new email account with breathe.com, I have my POP server name (pophost1.breathe.com), my SMTP server name (mailhost.breathe.com). When I put this information together with all the other relevant information, it try's to connect and comes up with a incorrect mailbox or password messege. I have checked that the username and passwords are correct with the Email provider and they are. What else can I try to make this bloody thing work.

I have also tried Yahoo.com, Talk21.com and freeUK.com with their server details and the same message comes up with all of the email accounts.

I am in the UK on Vodafone, has anyone else had problems here???

If you have had the same messege, how did you overcome it?

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: apottsa@aol.com on 2002-01-30 17:15 ]
--
Posted: 2002-01-30 17:13:00
Edit : Quote

jh67 Posts: > 500

You have to remember one thing :

The SMTP-server have to be your PHONE/gprs-operators smtp adress (ip-number)
Use the ip-number of the smtp, to be sure that it works.

So unless your internet-provider and phone operator are the same,..you have to use your internet-providers POP3 adress, and your Phone-operators smtp-adress(ip-number).

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-01-30 17:23:00

kjetil Posts: 44

you must also create a new gprs connection
Internet/e-mail GPRS settings are NOT the same as for WAP via GPRS. In order to able to send/recieve e-mail on the phone, or connect to the internet, please follow the next steps.

Enter the Settings menu (Connection on T68) and proceed to Data Comm., Data accounts and create a new GPRS account.

Account Name: "Telenor GPRS" or "Netcom GPRS"

APN: internet (Telenor)
APN: internet.netcom.no

UserID:
Password:

Save account and re-enter, choose to edit account (and check the CID nr).

DNS-address 212.017.131.003 (Telenor) [NetCom blank]

Go into Advanced settings.
Choose Quality of service, Reliability and set this one to Subscribed.

Then the account should be ready to use.

Netcom and telenor are norwegian tele-companies...call ericsson in your country..or your tele company, and ask for their smtp-ip, and the pop3 ip
--
Posted: 2002-01-30 17:59:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home