Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : W810i Pivot Silicon Case - Mini Review (with photos!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > W810i Pivot Silicon Case - Mini Review (with photos! Bookmark topic
Page12>

Topscooby Posts: 414

So i got my free silicon case in the post today (thanks Kat) and i thought i'd let you all know that its a great case. It fits very well and has cut-outs in all the right places. I love these silicon cases as i dont like bulky cases with clips on and zips everywhere etc. I already had a case for my W810i that i bought off of sheBay a while back, but as you can see from the photos it had holes where they just were'nt needed, hence my request for a case from Pivot.

Mine is the White (semi-transparent) version and i must admit i like being able to see the 'Walkman' logoon the side of the phone, which is something i could'nt with the Black one. Also, you can see the big Orange 'W' on the reverse of the phone which i think is kinda cool!

The biggest advantage though is being able to see all the numbers and letters on the individual keys in bright sunshine which is something i could'nt with the black case.

In conclusion then, if you have a W810i and want a case for it...then i can recommend the Pivot case as a 'must buy'. They come in a range of colours, so i'm sure you can find one that is suitable for your needs.

Overall, 10/10

Thats enough of me rambling on, here's some photos so you can see for yourself

Once again, thanks very much to Kat at Pivot. This case is so impressive i think i might buy a couple more in different colours!!!

--
Posted: 2006-04-18 11:56:27
Edit : Quote

jepaz Posts: 131

I hope they covered the navigation button as well since it's not joystick.
--
Posted: 2006-04-18 12:01:34

PeterKay Posts: > 500

nice review mate

--
Posted: 2006-04-18 12:04:05

@ jepaz, my old case had the navi button covered, but i prefer the Pivot case with it 'exposed'.

I guess its just down to personal preference at the end of the day!

Oh, and cheerz Aby

[ This Message was edited by: Topscooby on 2006-04-18 11:07 ]
--
Posted: 2006-04-18 12:05:09

jepaz Posts: 131

I prefer it to have a cover because after a long time, the silvery coating of the navi button tends to tarnish after sometime. It starts showing in my unit now which is obvious in dark areas.
--
Posted: 2006-04-18 12:11:38

amnesia Posts: > 500

EXTREMELY accurate design.
--
Posted: 2006-04-18 13:31:20

pivothk Posts: 131

thanks for your review.

i saw that the black one is not from pivot and do you find any problem using that case coz i think that is modified from a w800i silicone case while ours are made according to fit the w810
--
Posted: 2006-04-27 04:14:06

jepherberich Posts: 473

those are accurate cutouts indeed. but i think i want a black or a grey one instead. how much do they go for?

one more question though, the cutout for the fastport connector seems a bit small; doesnt that pose problems when attaching an mxe-60 flash?
--
Posted: 2006-04-27 05:49:32

@ pivothk, yes the accuracey of the cut outs do effect the day-to-day use of the phone and your case is a much better fit

@ axilom, the cut out for the port connecter is fine. I use it all the time and have not had a single problem with it.

I see you come from Scottsdale... i have been there twice whilst on holiday to the west coast of the States and love the place. I will come and visit again one day soon but i'm affraid it won't be this year

[ This Message was edited by: Topscooby on 2006-04-29 20:14 ]
--
Posted: 2006-04-29 21:12:31

pcmike Posts: 1

I'm not able to tell for certain from the pictures (or from the text on the Pivot website); so does this silicon case have some sort of plastic covering over the screen (I'd assume so)? Also, is there any sort of plastic covering over the lens (would be a real plus)?

Thank you.
--
Posted: 2006-06-09 11:34:15
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home