Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : Sony Ericsson Z530i Semi - Review
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > Sony Ericsson Z530i Semi - Review Bookmark topic
Page12>

waibun_lee Posts: 264

Bought the Z530i today from the carphonewarehouse for £79.99 on Orange. The phone is completely unbranded because they just gave me a sim.

In the box

- Phone
- Charger
- Manuals

Physical Aspects

The phone looks very nice, alot smaller than expected and is very lightweight. The phone can have changeable covers and this came with a black matt-like cover with feels quite smooth and comfortable to touch. Keypad is ok looking-ish.

Hands On

It uses the same 4 x 3 menu system with slightly updated icons, but the sub menus are simplified. Texting is quite comfy but it takes getting used to, calling is comfortable. The outer screen is quite handy as it shows phone status if you press the side button twice, and if you press it once it shows the time, date and network. Every thing is quite standard, camera is quite a let down with it only being VGA. the sound is quite crispt and the onboard 28MB is quite nice with the option to expand the memory using the new M2 memory cards. The screen is a major let down, as the resolution is quite low, under sun light its quite hard to read text, the games provided were quite awful, neopets etc. The media player is the same layout as the walkman series just not walkman branded, music through the mono speaker is respectable and the volume is acceptable. The connectivity is its redeeming value, bluetooth, infra-red and gprs. I've experienced no bluetooth issues as of yet, and the firmwire is very stable with no noticable bugs at the moment.

Verdict so far

Only having the phone for a few hours its not fair to give it a final verdict so I will update this post about battery life, performance etc at a later date. A phone that comes with, bluetooth and a decent media player WITH the option of memory expansion is good in my books, the major let down here is the camera and the screen. But for under £70 (£10 was a compusary top-up) it is not bad at all. So in short, so far so good, I will update this later on.

Enjoy

[ This Message was edited by: waibun_lee on 2006-05-28 19:21 ]
--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:21:17
Edit : Quote

haynesycop Posts: > 500

Nice pictures! Do you have any off the menu at all? Also this may be a stupid question but is this a walkman phone, i mean it doesn't have the walkman logo but what is with the black/orange combo on the external screen? Can that be changed? Seems like a nice phone though, stylish.
--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:24:37

fatreg Posts: > 500

nope miss c, not a phone...

fatreg
--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:29:23

So why is the external screen orange and black, could it be changed? I am picky do not like anything walkman, lol.

That is a nice price though i am tempted by that i must say, anybody want a Z520i hehehehe.
--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:33:25

Hi, the phone isn't a walkman phone as the walkman version of this is the W300i, where that comes with 256MB card, HPM-70 and data cable. I'm a bit miffed that it didnt even with a 32MB card, or USB cable or even the bog standards SE handsfree :|

heres one of the menu its not great but hope it helps

--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:37:56

Ah i see, but the external screen is just weird then hmm, can it have a picture on the external screen at all? Thanks for the picture that did help, i weeeely like this.

--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:40:19

Nope it cant have any kinda pic on the external screen
--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:43:21

Here's a sample camera pic, everything is set to the highest quality.

--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:50:24

Not too bad on the picture quality cannot complain for £70! Shame about the external screen do not think i could live with that black/orange.

--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:51:37

The orange aint that bad, also the keypad backlight is also orange.
--
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:53:55
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home