Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : 2gb MemoryStick drains Battery from Z800i
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > 2gb MemoryStick drains Battery from Z800i Bookmark topic
michael the mage Posts: > 500

Hello,
anybody experience the same or know How it can be stopped (without using another stick!)?

I have recently put in my Z800i a new Sony Memory Stick w/ 2GB and from then on the Battery was dead after about 12 hours (overnight, no usage!).

Suspecting the memory stick, I tried my old 1gb Stick last night and voila, the Battery is still full !

I don't' know how this is possible, so sombody knows? And perhaps there is a remedy? Or, at the end, can I use only a 1gb stick with the Z800i after all?!?!

Regards
--
Posted: 2006-07-12 16:15:00
Edit : Quote

night_66 Posts: 202

Hi ..

I think Z800 doesnt support more than 1GB ?? or maybe i am wrong ?? by the way .. i have a friend he got a W800i with 2GB memory Stick .. he said the battery is not holding for more than 100 hours standby compare to actuall 400 hours !!

I contacted Sony Ericsson, and they said this is BULL SHIT lol .. even my friend he works there (sony ericsson) in Sweden, he said this is not true and have nothing to do with how big is the MS .. he said just update your phone with latest firmware .. and if still the MS takes all energy from the batteri .. they should solve that at the service point ..
--
Posted: 2006-07-12 20:28:20

michael the mage Posts: > 500

I don't know WHY you posted your comment actually.

In any case, I found that more people had/have problems like this. AND IT IS RELATED TO F A K E Sticks sold on ebay!!!

Of course, mine was bought on ebay.... Chinese.... looks real, perhaps is real for Chinese appliances...

but for me, it was draining my battery.

I have now bought one in a store here and all went away. Now the battery stays as before.

So for me, I can only say: Buyer beware VERY beware before you buy on ebay!

Those sticks costing less then in a store can really mess up your equipment and that is mostly more expensive then the savings you made buying on ebay. Lesser cost....lesser quality. That was the problem.

Regards
--
Posted: 2006-07-13 01:26:20

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home