Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : K800i Speaker problem!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > K800i Speaker problem! Bookmark topic
Page123>

Daisun Posts: 127

This problem only appeared today. For no apparent reason my speaker (the one dat plays the ringtones when u get a call) stopped working. I opened up my file browser and tried to play some music but nothing came out. I then tried the media player, samething. I thought it was the profiles so i changed it to the normal one with no silent, still no sound.

At first i thought it was a software problem but after fiddling with it for sometime i turned the phone around and knocked on the speaker part of the phone (the holes next to the camera lense.) To my suprise the sound returned. It seems the speaker is loose and ever since i've knocked it, the sounds now play fine.

However, i've found that if i appled force around the speaker area with my thumb the sound would stop, but as soon as i release my thumb it would continue as normal. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem and would any try pressing their thumb on their k800i speaker and tell me whether or not the sound stops or not (by pressing i dont mean covering the holes as to block the sound off, but just applying force to the surrounding areas). Thx in advanced
--
Posted: 2006-08-07 08:43:00
Edit : Quote

sunjivas Posts: > 500

had you dropped your phone or had it had any knocks before it stopped working? Sounds like a lose connection, visit a sony ericsson service center or if its within 28 days of you buying it you mite be able to get a replacement. I've only had mine for a week now and no speaker problem.
--
Posted: 2006-08-07 08:55:00

Well i've dropped it on carpet once, but that was only 60cm from the ground... Can you try pressing on or around the speaker to see if the sound stops?
--
Posted: 2006-08-07 08:58:44

DrAzEn Posts: 13

I have similar problem
I bought my k800i a month and a half ago and everything was great till yesterday
phone rang and I press ANSWER but nothing. my first idea was somebody is joking but then I tried to call my other phone (sx1) and NOTHING is there to hear. after few minutes I called again and press SPEAKER ON and there was sound (fom back speaker not one where is VGA lens)
since then I searched all over net but nothing is there to find
I never drop my phone
I never let that liquid came in contact with it

is it possible that this is SW mistake
my SW version is:
CXC1250210
R1CB001

PLEASE if someone had any idea for helping me.............
--
Posted: 2006-08-26 17:48:04

I returned it to the shop and now just waiting to hear from them
hope that the problem will be solved in a day or two.............
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 11:46:54

My problem is different to urs. my backspeaker stopped working, but it works fine now after tapping it.
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 13:10:50

i said SIMILAR not same problem.
did U open your k800i by your self or.............
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 13:28:33

na i didn't open it, i just tapped the backspeaker with my finger and it worked again...
--
Posted: 2006-09-06 10:15:17

jcwhite_uk Posts: > 500

Mine works ok whether i press it in or not.

This message was posted from a K800i
--
Posted: 2006-09-06 11:07:28

I'm still waiting formine to come back from service.
they told me on the phone that there was nothing wrong and that speaker worked fine so I told them to keep phone for a week and test it to see will there again be same sh*t
--
Posted: 2006-09-07 14:40:19
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home