Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Newbie 3G Questions About the K800
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Newbie 3G Questions About the K800 Bookmark topic
Kwiksta Posts: > 500

Hi all!

Well, after quite a long time, I'm finally getting my K800i Hopefully it should arrive tomorrow, however, since 3G is such an important aspect in the phone, I just wanted to ask a few questions, because I'm totally new to the whole thing....

1) When I get my Phone (on 02) and if they don't include a '3g' simcard, will there be a charge for getting one?

2) Once I get the new Sim Card, what exactly will be different? I can just make video calls and my internet will be faster, right?

3) When browsing the net, will it cost me more or less than doing it on a 2g SIM? I.e. will it count towards my free 100KB a month?

4) Can the K800i automatically switch between 3G and GSM (e.g. when the 3g signal drops), like the Nokias? Or will I have to manually switch it on and off?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Kwiksta
--
Posted: 2006-08-22 17:19:46
Edit : Quote

jcwhite_uk Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-08-22 17:19:46, Kwiksta wrote:
Hi all!

Well, after quite a long time, I'm finally getting my K800i Hopefully it should arrive tomorrow, however, since 3G is such an important aspect in the phone, I just wanted to ask a few questions, because I'm totally new to the whole thing....

1) When I get my Phone (on 02) and if they don't include a '3g' simcard, will there be a charge for getting one?
If it doesnt include onethen phone them up and ask for one. it should be free.

2) Once I get the new Sim Card, what exactly will be different? I can just make video calls and my internet will be faster, right?
Basically what you said really. O2 are also supposed to be adding TV over their 3G network soon.

3) When browsing the net, will it cost me more or less than doing it on a 2g SIM? I.e. will it count towards my free 100KB a month?
Data on 3G is charged the same as GPRS. You will still get your 100kb

4) Can the K800i automatically switch between 3G and GSM (e.g. when the 3g signal drops), like the Nokias? Or will I have to manually switch it on and off?
It will automatically change to 2g from 3g and you should notice any difference except for a speed reduction if you are browsing or a videocall will be lost

Thanks a lot for the help!

Kwiksta

--
Posted: 2006-08-22 17:32:11

Kwiksta Posts: > 500

Thanks a lot for the help JC!

Kwiksta
--
Posted: 2006-08-22 17:58:03

New Topic   Reply