Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : 02 3G Pay And Go Sim
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > 02 3G Pay And Go Sim Bookmark topic
Page1234>

DKCoo Posts: 21

Hi i hope people can help me at this forum as people on 02 customer services were not!
I am trying to find an 02 3G pay as you go sim card for my new k800i which is sim free - i am currently using an 02 2g inside
I rang 02 and asked them where i could find 1 and they said i could only get a 3g pay and go sim if i bought a phone from the 02 shop!
Is there any sites or shops that sell these sims without the actual phone as i would b happy if there were!
Cheers.
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 20:21:23
Edit : Quote

darrengf Posts: > 500

Currenlty the only networks that will allow you to purchase 3g simcard are Orange from Orange Shops only Costing £5

Virgin Sim Cars are already USIM ( have been for a few years ) they cost between £5 - £10

and 3

From Them selves, superdrug and a few other shops, I think they are £10.

If you go into your local 02 store they may be able to help you, but i dont think they currenlty do them.

Sorry I cant be more help.

Im going my self to the 02 shop tomorrow, If you like i will ask and post my findings on here for you.

Let me know.

--
Posted: 2006-08-28 21:26:49

hi thanks for your reply!
that would be great thanks as i really need to get me hands on 1
Thanks for your help and i hope u find som gd info!
Der
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 21:36:43

Toney_Ericsson Posts: > 500

I was told in an o2 shop that you have to buy a o2 3G handset to get a USIM, I knew this was rubbish so rang o2 up and they confirmed it was untrue and sent out a USIM to me free of charge transfereing my 2.5G sims number to the new one on pay as you go.

I made complaint against the sales person in that o2 store.

Ring them up again, its rubbish that you "must" buy a 3G phone from them to get a USIM.

By the way, orange offer a very similar plan like o2 onlines pay as you go so they want to be carefull talking out of there arse as it will lose them customers.
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 21:39:44

darrengf Posts: > 500

No problems and always glad to help.

Its about time that the rest of the networks started selling the sim cards.

All the networks are crying out that 3g is costing too much money, but if they dont sell the simcards then how can they get the revenue back!!

makes common sense in my world, but then eveything makes sensein my world !! We would be on 4g by now. lol

--
Posted: 2006-08-28 21:41:45

cheers Toney_Ericsson ill give that a try now and darrengf it is so true!
cheers again ppl!

[ This Message was edited by: DKCoo on 2006-08-28 20:50 ]
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 21:50:06

Let me know what they said, they should send you one without any hassle. You can get you're 2.5G number on pay as you go transfered to the new pay as you go USIM too.
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 21:54:01

its good news! they are going to send me a 3G sim card on 02 with my old number to me in the next 3-5 working days! wicked!
They really have to starts getting their facts right over there!
Thanks for giving me the info Toney_Ericsson and thanks for offering to check it out darrengf
Cheers,
A Happy Der!

--
Posted: 2006-08-28 22:14:51

Nice one, at least thats sorted now. They said the same to me 3-5 working days. The way I did it was to get the USIM sent to me and then rang them back up when I had the USIM. Another bit of info is it only takes an hour'ish for you're old sim to stop working and transfered to the new USIM.

A few people on here will tell you that as thats how it was for them including me. Its not a "day" or anything like that which they might tell you. It takes an hour when someone actions it at o2, not any longer than that.

--
Posted: 2006-08-28 22:20:43

thx 4 the info ill bear tht in mind
again cheers 4 the help !
--
Posted: 2006-08-28 22:32:14
Page1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index