Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : How do I get POP3 email working on my T39?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How do I get POP3 email working on my T39? Bookmark topic
Anonymous
Unregistered User

Have tried loads of different accounts and still it comes up with the same message 'Server not found'. I have entered and re-entered all setting for the Yahoo account and still no joy
--
Posted: 2001-10-07 14:33:00
Edit : Quote

laffen Posts: > 500

You will have to specify the IP addresses for both the SMTP- and POP3 servers. To find the IP addresses for your mail servers, run the command 'nslookup mail.yahoo.com' on Windows and UNIX platforms.
--
Posted: 2001-10-07 17:53:00

Anonymous
Unregistered User

This is also something that must be checked with your ISP and service provider.E.g Telenor Mobile in Norway does not support pop3 mail over GPRS, and so on.... ( only mobilpost, I know ) However, Netcom is not a problem.... At least so I'm told...

T.J.
--
Posted: 2001-11-05 11:43:00

mtb Posts: 1

get the new software in the phone! i hade the same problem before!
Quote:
On 2001-10-07 14:33, Anonymous wrote:
Have tried loads of different accounts and still it comes up with the same message 'Server not found'. I have entered and re-entered all setting for the Yahoo account and still no joy

--
Posted: 2001-11-09 21:35:00

andrew99 Posts: 254

Hi

Trying to get a freeserve mail account to work on a T39 (through Vodafone GPRS). Doesn't work, I am unsure what should go in the "mailbox" settings, it has entry type abc... so I assume it's not the root address of the mail or anything like that. I have done POP3 and SMTP stuff... any ideas?
--
Posted: 2001-11-29 19:29:00

zucchini Posts: 93

hi laffen, how and where do u run the command 'nslookup mail.yahoo.com'? where abt in Windows?
--
Posted: 2001-11-29 22:35:00

zucchini Posts: 93

i would like to access my hotmail account from my T68, can anyone show me exactly how to do it plz...
--
Posted: 2001-11-29 22:43:00

laffen Posts: > 500

Quote:
i would like to access my hotmail account from my T68, can anyone show me exactly how to do it plz...

Sorry, but you can't. Most of the popular free mail services (Yahoo, Hotmail, Mail etc.) won't let you check your mail using POP3 login which all email program use. They only let you check mail using web interface.

What you could do is to automatically forward mail from these accounts to a more "personal" account (office, school etc.) and check the mail from there. If you don't have access to such mail accounts, you can find a list of sites which offers just this here
--
Posted: 2001-11-30 11:45:00

Eamonn Posts: > 500

does anyone know any good ericsson ringtone sites?
--
Posted: 2001-11-30 12:07:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home