Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Splashpower powers mobile Phones without Chargers Bookmark topic
Page123>

axxxr Posts: > 500

Splashpower is an innovative little device which allows you to recharge all sorts of mobile gadgets without plugging them in.

ESATO NEWS

Splashpower Ltd, the world leaders in wireless power for portable devices, today announced 2 new products lines, the Multi SplashPad and the Single SplashPad.Demonstrating the scalability of Splashpower's patented Paraflux™ technology, this product range opens up the promise of wireless power to an ever greater range of applications. Splashpower has the only technology platform to deliver interoperable and universal wireless charging to the market, and is focussed on solving the power dilemma for the latest power-hungry mobile devices.

The following products will be shown to the public in a world premiere at the CEATEC consumer electronics show in Tokyo, Japan from 4-8 October, 2005.

Multi SplashPad: This flagship product lets users power multiple devices simultaneously simply by placing them on the pad surface. Mobile phones, PDAs, MP3 players and digital cameras can all be powered without the need to plug in to a charger, and in no extra time.

Single SplashPad: This entry-level product will power one device at a time and is universal so will work with a range of different devices. It is slim, light and portable, and serves as a perfect entry point for OEMs who want to provide a complete solution right out of the box to consumers.

Receiver modules: Splashpower has developed receiver modules so that manufacturers can integrate wireless power capability directly into their mobile products.

Mobile Accessories: These add-on accessories enable existing mobile devices to be powered by a SplashPad. A range of accessories for popular devices such as NTT DoCoMo's FOMA 3G phones and the Apple iPod will be demonstrated at the show.

Already the company has signed a number of leading mobile phone and camera companies in early access agreements. Working with the manufacturers of these devices, Splashpower will remove the last wire in mobile devices - the power cord - enabling for the first time, truly wireless devices. www.splashpower.com

--
Posted: 2006-09-21 15:53:07
Edit : Quote

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

I've been wondering how long before something like this comes along... what I'd like to see is truely wireless power, kind of like 'wifi'. Just imagine how much easier it would be hoovering or mowing the lawn without a power cable in the way....
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 16:02:54

QuickShare Posts: > 500

now that's unique for me.. just put on top of that pad and the phone are charging?

[ This Message was edited by: QuickShare™ on 2006-09-21 15:03 ]
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 16:03:04

axxxr Posts: > 500

The concept for this had been around for a while now but i think finally we will see this in the market. Charging your phones and gadgets without wires....hopefully won't be too long before we see these bundled with phones instead of wired chargers.

[ This Message was edited by: axxxr on 2006-09-21 15:08 ]
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 16:08:22

masseur Posts: > 500

this has been a long time coming!

I remember your news item from february 2005 Splashpower Wireless charging

and corresponding thread (now locked) from Charging your phones and gadgets without wires

edit: ha! you remembered too!

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2006-09-21 15:11 ]
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 16:10:39

QuickShare Posts: > 500

oh.. it's a long time rumour and now it's for real
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 16:12:23

slugworth Posts: 400

but how do u send suffitiont volts and electrons through the air via a controlled source? how can someone harnels a 240v of power through the air with no arch and safely put it into a device with out electricuting the user?

i say this as im doing a A level in physics
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 17:19:14

RMJ Posts: 65

It uses induction doesn't it? You get this type of charger already with some electric toothbrushes
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 18:20:58

strizlow800 Posts: > 500

They should put things like that all over our planet so our phones will never drain the battery again.
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 18:38:16

dcbastable Posts: 198

@axxxr

Yeah i remember this idea doing the rounds yonks ago. I never thought that we would ever see such a device. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a swift launch.
--
Posted: 2006-09-21 21:31:04
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home