Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Sony Ericsson K800i users on o2
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Sony Ericsson K800i users on o2 Bookmark topic
Page12>

Toney_Ericsson Posts: > 500

I have abit of a problem with my Sony Ericsson K800i which is sim free. I use an o2 pre-pay USIM inside it and find that when I use o2 3G settings I am not able to send more than a 1 page text however if I set the phone in the settings to use normal 2.5G I dont have any problems sending however many page texts say 10 pages. With my phone set on 3G I get the message "sending failed saved to out box".

I did a little experiment as I have the most up to date firmware for my phone and I'm very sure it's not the handset at fault. I went into my local o2 shop and tryed sending more than a 1 page text using a contract sim with the settings set on to use 3G and they sent fine.

I have now been sent a replacement sim from o2 (a new pre-pay USIM) But have found I still cant send more than a 1 page text using the o2 3G service, I can only with 2.5G.

This now sounds to me like its a problem with o2 3G on pre-pay.

Anyone have any ideas on this or do you experience it you'reself?
--
Posted: 2006-11-05 22:03:46
Edit : Quote

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Soundz like o2 haven't activated sumat weird that tho dunno what to say :-l

This message was posted from a K750i
--
Posted: 2006-11-05 22:09:23

I'm thinking either that (something is'nt activated on my account) or somethings wrong with the pre-pay o2 3G service in my area.

Even in the o2 shop a sales assistant showed me his handset which going by the o2 website says the post code has excellent 3G coverage but he or myself did not have a 3G signal! It is very patchy not matter if you're inside a building or outside.

A contract sim works fine in my K800i so that rules out anything being wrong with my handset I think.

I will ring o2 again. This is my second replacement USIM, the first one was "inactive" as soon as I put it in my phone, they sent me a faulty one.
--
Posted: 2006-11-06 16:05:27

Basically o2 now are trying to blame Sony Ericsson. Sony Ericsson say no my handset is set to use maximum text lengths my sim will allow and I have the latest firmware so it's something on o2's end preventing me from sending multiple messages.

Rang o2 again and a report has been made for an engineer to look into.

--
Posted: 2006-11-06 18:30:08

skin Posts: 136

Sorry for jumping on your post, but I'm on O2 and have lost my 3G icon of the statusbar on my K800i. Is there any faults that you know of? Its never happened before and its been gone for two days, TIA, Skin

This message was posted from a K800i
--
Posted: 2006-11-06 19:11:46

It seems to come and go all the time for me. On the o2 website where you can check what kind of 3G coverage is in you're area by entering you're postcode it says my area has excellent 3G coverage but this has been confirmed to be a load of rubbish as when I was speaking to an o2 sales assistant in my local o2 store he pulled out his phone and said he hasnt even got any 3G coverage at the moment, he also says he too finds it patchy when its meant to be good.
--
Posted: 2006-11-06 19:48:55

skin Posts: 136

Thanks for that my friend

This message was posted from a K800i
--
Posted: 2006-11-06 23:09:22

glorfingal Posts: > 500

good old o2 .... my 3g sim shows a signal of 2 bars, pop the old 2g sim
in and guess what .... yup, max signal !!!!
So much for good coverage
--
Posted: 2006-11-17 15:04:54

This o2 3G coverage is awfull. An o2 engineer looked into it and apparenlty cant find nothing wrong, this looking into it is on going for the moment apparently and o2 are ringing me every few days with an update, most of which is "we havent found anything yet".

I'm going to go try my USIM inside another K800i at an o2 store just to rule out this problem being my handset for sure.
--
Posted: 2006-11-21 22:52:55

glorfingal Posts: > 500

I've a colleague also with o2 uk 3g but in a different city who said his
coverage was better. On a visit to his site I checked mine and ... yup
full signal. So when O2 say "Excellent" coverage for your area they're
talking b....lxs !
--
Posted: 2006-11-24 14:30:20
Page12>