Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : How to use 3g on K800i
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > How to use 3g on K800i Bookmark topic
hanugro Posts: > 500

Hi all, until now I have not been able to use 3g with my k800i. My provider said that they are not quite ready yet to have good coverage in the whole city area and next year would be better. But I suspect something is wrong with their OTA 3g setting.
My question is about using gprs and 3g together in k800. As you know we make a seperate setting for gprs and 3g on Data Comm profile (and MMS too). Also we create gprs and 3g (and MMS too) in Internet profile. Supposed I got correct setting for both gprs and 3g. Do I need to manually chose 3g profile in Internet profile or will the phone automatically choose whichever profile it need (choose 3g profile when 3g network is available and use gprs when 3g is not available).
Thanks for your help.
--
Posted: 2006-12-16 12:04:01
Edit : Quote

BobaFett Posts: > 500

U just have to enable umts, the settings are the same at gprs, edge or umts coverage

This message was posted from a R520m
--
Posted: 2006-12-16 12:07:28

hanugro Posts: > 500

Oh ok, thanks. So if I already have gprs setting in my mobile (data comm and internet profile), then I just need to enable UMTS (ask the provider). If I already have 3g signal icon then I just continue to choose the old gprs Internet profile that use the old gprs Data Comm profile? (No need to create another 3g profile in data comm and internet?)

I got the 3g signal icon but still can't make a video call to the number provided by my telcos for testing. It is just confusing. So when the phone has 3g icon means that I actually already using 3g?

Thanks again for your help.

[ This Message was edited by: hanugro on 2006-12-16 11:47 ]
--
Posted: 2006-12-16 12:43:11

BobaFett Posts: > 500

Exactly. U just have to keep on as usually u used browser, m ms etc

This message was posted from a R520m
--
Posted: 2006-12-16 12:59:45

New Topic   Reply