Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Privacy Mobile Phone
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Privacy Mobile Phone Bookmark topic
axxxr Posts: > 500

Seongho Kim's New Vision of Mobile Devices concept proposes the implementation of a private viewing port on the underside of the phone.

ESATO NEWS

When traveling on public transport like the underground or on the buses i've often had to conceal my phone from prying eyes as the text messages or video's i want to see on my phone are of a private or personal nature,this new concept phone addresses that problem.

As a conceptual commentary on over-exposure of personal information Seongho Kim's design addresses a important question of privacy of mobile information in public.A small viewing port on the underside of the handset lets you view your phone screen as an alternative to your main screen.

--
Posted: 2006-12-29 22:47:13
Edit : Quote

Raptormex Posts: 8

I like the idea, is great
--
Posted: 2006-12-29 23:52:13

JaayDon Posts: 106

Nice idea but i think that will get a bit akward at times.

Also a bit daft imo
--
Posted: 2006-12-29 23:56:42

I think this is a fantastic idea,i don't know why no one has thought of this before?

This could very possibly be a huge selling point in handsets for people who consider privacy important!

--
Posted: 2006-12-30 00:08:06

ajeetpv Posts: > 500

interesting situation. suppose when you are looking into your phone as shown in the picture, you will automatically get noticed by every one around
you. they will start talking about your unusual behaviour. and your privacy will be no more.
any way this is a unique, fresh concept.

[ This Message was edited by: ajeetpv on 2006-12-29 23:41 ]
--
Posted: 2006-12-30 00:38:00

JaayDon Posts: 106

Quote:
On 2006-12-30 00:38:00, ajeetpv wrote:
interesting situation. suppose when you are looking into your phone as shown in the picture, you will automatically get noticed by every one around
you. they will start talking about your unusual behaviour. and your privacy will be no more.
any way this is a unique, fresh concept.

Great point there. The more that you try to keep your priavy and act in a way that is unusual to other people, then the more that you are notice.

I also agree that it is uniquie but i cant really see this phone taking off
--
Posted: 2006-12-30 00:55:59

Am i the only one who thinks this is a good idea?

--
Posted: 2006-12-31 08:08:26

SE4NICK Posts: > 500

I think its a good idea 2 things tho people may think ur wierd if they dont know what ur doing lol and may get awkward if its used freaquently.
I dont have stuff to hide so it dosnt affect me lol
--
Posted: 2007-01-01 07:32:03

arien617 Posts: > 500

There is another way. The main screen lens can have low bump strips going in horizontal and vertical directions which cant be seen when you're looking at it from a certain angle but when you look at it from one side all you would see would be just a black screen. This means if the person siiting next to you on a bus can only see what's on your screen if they lean right over, at this point you can be certain they're looking.
--
Posted: 2007-01-25 22:02:41

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home