Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup : SMS over GPRS
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > SMS over GPRS Bookmark topic
Page <  12

Kungen Posts: 72

this dosen't work in Sweden because when we send SMS the message goes via a SMS-central and then to the phone your were ment to send it to
--
Posted: 2002-02-06 22:02:00
Edit : Quote

GOwin Posts: > 500

jh67,
GPRS is still free here in the Philippines. Just like your operators, they haven't figured out how much to charge the users.

Unfortunately, SMS over GPRS is not supported by the networks. And we get charged for SMS sent in excess of our free allocation or if we send them to users of other networks (from US$ 0.019 up to 0.19 cents)
--
Posted: 2002-02-07 05:48:00

gobrutz Posts: 47

To jh67:

I activated my GPRS SMS Access and can see that the message is being sent very much faster (especially with the help of the blue bar status indicator). I tried a paralell experiment sending two identical sms (one thru gprs and the other gsm)to the same on site phone and confirmed that the gprs setting works faster. I did this midnight to eliminate possible network traffic bias.

But I can not see any increment in the gprs data counter after sending. I even tried sending with gprs connection on. (reset counter> clear cache> browse wap by gprs> exit browser> Remain connected> check counter> send sms> disconnect> check counter).

Is there any ways we can verify if gprs really works with SMS?
--
Posted: 2002-02-08 03:23:00

GOwin Posts: > 500

well, the amount GPRS data you have used should be an indicator whether the SMS had really been sent thru GPRS
--
Posted: 2002-02-08 05:39:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home