Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Demo of the new ATI Mobile Chip.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Demo of the new ATI Mobile Chip. Bookmark topic
voda_jon Posts: > 500

Heres a little vid of it on a nice screen or is it a nice new phone??? lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLFPfaxQ6U

Thats the link! Enjoy!
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 16:04:22
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

ooh yeah! I'll have some of that!
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 16:16:26

bodeh6 Posts: > 500

Umm.... It's not ATI, it's NVidia
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 17:13:33

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,
Sorry am i missing something here as i don't know what you think is so great my N93 with it's Texas omap2420 chip and PowerVR MBX 2D/3D graphics core and fully programmable vertex processor core easily out performs what i have just seen. I just wish i had another Video camera to show the massive fight scenes from Kill Bill 2 as it blows what i just saw away completely. I really think some of you need to check out whats out there already and how well properly encoded stuff works, what i just saw was far from impressive IMO.

Marc
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 19:13:32

ares Posts: > 500

Right Dogmman..
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 20:47:23

depends on what you're looking at I guess. Its probably not easy to tell quality of the actual video played on that screen from a crappy recording then placed on youtube but the video is actually titled "next-generation mobile phone interface" and thats what I was looking at and thought was quite cool.

Playing 3 different videos and the way it switched between them I thought was quite neat
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 20:59:12

Hi Masseur ,
That must be the point i missed then but I can't any practical purpose to want to watch 3 different videos at once and switch between them. The switching of stills is not unlike the gallery function i already have and if i use the file manger instead of gallery can have a slide show of just the pictures i want. To be honest the only device that excites me right now is the E90 but think even this may be too business orientated for my needs and i really don't like the idea of built in GPS on any device as i see it as pointless. My Holox GPS is so small and has 100hrs odd battery life plus can even be charged in car with a Motorola V3 in car charger. Also IMO i have not seen any Sat Nav mapping and directions that comes close to Tom Tom.

Marc
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 21:15:10

antichrist Posts: > 500

Dogmann,
the thing with 3 simultaneous video is just to show the world how powerful that chip is
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 21:20:35

I guess its not so much the watching of 3 diff videos at once but the easier selection of the one you want by seeing them play rather than a single still from each, and yes, you can simply name them appropriately but...

well I thought it was good anyway
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 21:23:10

Hi antichrist

Well maybe when i see this device in the flesh i will be blown away but for now i am more than happy with the quality i already have. I'm also pretty sure Texas Instruments are also working on thier next gen chips and will be makeing great advancements as so far they have been the leaders that the other manufacturers have been playing catch up with. But tech advances at an alarming rate now so who knows what else this year may bring, hopefully an exciting time ahead. Personally i think the new Sony UXN launched exclusively in the UK first which is even more powerful is incredible and running Vista premium I just find the £2,000 price a bit hard to swallow but link this up over Bluetooth 2.0 to a HSDPA phone and that is true broadband quality computing on the move that is only going to get faster as the Networks increase the speeds. It already has achievable speeds of up to 1.8Mbps and due some major increases this year. IMO especially with the new Data Tariffs staring to appear now at long last Mobile data is both fast enough to be usable and also cheap enough to use.

Marc
--
Posted: 2007-02-19 21:47:21

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home