Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : LG dual screen phone coming?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > LG dual screen phone coming? Bookmark topic
domipost Posts: > 500

is LG coming with a dual touchscreen phone like nintendo DS??
i hope so
--
Posted: 2007-04-26 21:23:39
Edit : Quote

BobaFett Posts: > 500

did u made that draw? looks very good... well, maybe a developed lg prada would be the answer for your question
--
Posted: 2007-04-26 21:26:32

domipost Posts: > 500

no, i didn't make it. it comes from www.mobilecowboys.nl, i can't find where they have it from, but i know for sure they hadn't make it.
--
Posted: 2007-04-26 21:41:13

Andresin Posts: 26

The drawing is probably from LG:s patent application.
--
Posted: 2007-04-27 14:35:17

mxm Posts: 4

Yes - it is original.

You can find it at US Patent and Trademark Office website. under the heading:

"MOBILE COMMUNICATION TERMINAL HAVING MULTIPLE DISPLAYS AND A DATA PROCESSING METHOD THEREOF"

The Abstract outlines:
"A mobile communication terminal includes a display unit comprising a plurality of displays, one of which being formed as a touch panel, and a controller for analyzing a signal inputted through the touch panel to determine whether movement distance of data satisfies pre-set conditions, and outputting a control signal for displaying the corresponding data through a different display region according to the corresponding result."

----------------------------------
Gadget Blog
--
Posted: 2007-04-27 16:12:17

Tehy03 Posts: 386

Nice idea. other screen could always show only those keys that you need and then all apps could have better UI.
--
Posted: 2007-04-27 17:41:30

shaliron Posts: > 500

There's already another brand that's made a working prototype of this design. They showed it off this year at 3GSM I think.

But phones like that would consume way too much power; and for what really?
--
Posted: 2007-04-28 10:03:45

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home