Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Rumour: Vodafone to adopt the European iPhone
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Rumour: Vodafone to adopt the European iPhone Bookmark topic
Page12>

goldenface Posts: > 500

Near the end of the Yahoo article:

Apples iPHone: Is it all that?

"Meanwhile, rumours are circulating as to which European mobile network will pick up an iPhone exclusive, with latest reports suggesting Vodafone is a frontrunner. For the most part though, European operators are keeping tight-lipped and there is still no release date in sight this side of the Atlantic."

Although, there is still no solid release date.
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 14:35:31
Edit : Quote

batesie Posts: > 500

ha, i just pictured a big vodafone logo across the screen....
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 14:37:07

goldenface Posts: > 500

It wouldn't surprise me, they probably have more clout than most. They are the ones who do tend to get exclusives on phones before other operators.

The branding ... That could turn out to be nightmarish.
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 14:50:42

macwilmore Posts: 84

yes, I can imagine the dreaded "Vodafone Life" logo and button as well! Hope Apple manages to keep it pure! Still, I'm glad its going to be vodafone - despite some faults its a good network and covers most places. Signal quality is usually very good (at least here in Ireland) I also found it good in the UK and other European countries I've travelled to.

I do wonder though whether we'll ever see iphone generation one over here - very hard to see it taking off with no 3g. There has been some talk that this might already exist in the hardware and could be activated by a firmware upgrade but I doubt. Anyway, I'm sure iphone the next generation is already well on the way.

either way, I have no doubt that the iphone will be a huge step in the evolution of the mobile phone.
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 14:51:22

maggflodd Posts: > 500

...the branding - don't see that! My vodafone treo 750v has no branding other then a quick start up animation...same my e61 (neither have a live!-key, either...not even a shortcut ), and my n91...
They just mutilate SE's... hahaha joking!
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 15:04:24

vincebio Posts: 89

those who think the iPhone will come with Vodafone Branding obviously dont know enough about Apple's design ethos......its not happening, period
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 15:17:42

what? no 3g?!?!! suprised vodafone even want it then!
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 15:21:23

whentheleveebreaks Posts: 390

rumour has it that 3G might be added for Europe.

Might be time to switch to voda when/if it does come out with them
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 15:37:45

next youll be telling me it doesnt have wifi!
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 15:41:30

Mizzle Posts: > 500

It will have 3G, when it comes for Vodafone

They're the ones with the most "partners" across Europe. They will be the ones with iPhone in Europe
--
Posted: 2007-06-28 15:59:35
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home