Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : O2 largest network in the UK and strong chance they will get Iphone?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > O2 largest network in the UK and strong chance they will get Iphone? Bookmark topic
Mr Miyagi Posts: > 500

O2 clinches iPhone UK deal?
Comments by O2 chief executive hint at O2 deal for iPhone
Jonny Evans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chief executive of the O2 mobile network has said he expects the iPhone to help the company maintain its growth.

His comments add to speculation that the network may have secured distribution rights to Apple's iPhone in the UK.

However, O2 refused to confirm it has secured the rights to sell the phone in the UK, The Independent reports.

Company chief executive Peter Erskine simply said: "We're excited about this product and we certainly hope to be marketing it later in the year when it launches."

O2's sales grew 10 per cent in its last quarter. It is now the largest mobile phone

source:
http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?newsid=18690
--
Posted: 2007-07-31 12:21:03
Edit : Quote

Danny_BFC Posts: 499

i hope so anyway, might convince my dad to get off '3'
--
Posted: 2007-07-31 13:01:04

Mr Miyagi Posts: > 500

I would only get it, if it has MMS capability and MP3's as your own ring tones, and 3g.
--
Posted: 2007-07-31 13:42:23

Danny_BFC Posts: 499

My NECe616 could do that ! U get an iPhone and i will swap you my NEC for it?
--
Posted: 2007-08-02 23:53:16

Luke-the-magic-man Posts: > 500

On 2007-07-31 13:42:23, Mr Miyagi wrote:
I would only get it, if it has MMS capability and MP3's as your own ring tones, and 3g.

mms support won't be long, if apple doesnt release a new software update soon I think someone else will which will allow mms

Own mp3 ringtones.... thats not exactly what id call a decision making factor, on the + side apple gives you acces to a few hundred thousand 30 ringtones (you can use itunes previews as ringtones)
--
Posted: 2007-08-03 00:24:27

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home