Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Esato fans Patents
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Esato fans Patents Bookmark topic
Page12>

Xajel Posts: > 500

Well, we have a lot of talents here on esato, some are concepts designers some just think but don't know how to design or draw, but the most important thing, we have Imagination & Creativity...

I thought it's better to have some thing like a centric thread for all our ideas that related to phones and mobile, the ideas maybe simple maybe complicated, but for sure it will be creative and great...

I have several Ideas I want to share, and I thought it's better to see notes and ideas that may complete every vision of the idea it self...
--
Posted: 2008-03-30 11:47:25
Edit : Quote

First Idea : The Touch Hybrid pad.
hybrid d-pad that uses both regular d-pad and a small touch bad.
this idea I already used in my third concept ( K910i Slider ), the idea is simple, after using the regular joystick and circular d-pad and that square d-pad like in K850i I felt that joystick are faster to handle, you don't need to move your finger around to have another direction.
the problem with joystick is dust, wich shorten it's life very much, this is where the circular dpad is good, it's not as fast as joystick as you need to move your finger, but it has much better lifetime
the sequar d-pad was nice idea but in case of usability and handling it fast, it's the bad brother here, in circular d-pad you can move your finger but no need to remove it complety to go to another direction, but in K850i like d-pad you have to remove your finger then put it again...

in Touch Hybrid pad, you may use the regular pad ( botton based ) but you can use the touch pad too if you wish, the touch-pad also serve as better option for handling sliding ( like zoom-in zoom-out in camera ) or handling non uniform direction ( like up+right )...

it's not revolution idea but I think it's a good idea, the flatness of the surface of the pad make it easy to move around the pad without moving up your finger...
--
Posted: 2008-03-30 11:59:43

NightBlade Posts: > 500

Hehe, great thread.
Well, I thought of this next idea about 2 months ago. Dunno whether it's already been implemented.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could stream the music playing on your phone to another phone via bluetooth? That way you could:
- Combine 2, 3 or even more phones to make one big "metaspeaker".
- Share your music library with friends that are around without the need of sending it to them.
- Other possible applications.
--
Posted: 2008-03-30 12:02:24

razec Posts: > 500

Cool thread Xajel, this would be a great help for the concept designers
--
Posted: 2008-03-30 13:06:56

Thanks NighBlade/razec

Second Idea : Voice tagged/recognition Walkman/Cyber-Shot/System
the idea is very simple, it will use voice tags or recognition technology to command/control the Walkman player, you may add your own commands and tags or use predefined commands.

without the need to get the phone out of your pocket, the voice commands can be activated using several methods like special walkman key on the headphone, or even the same answer key, but rather than saying the name of contact you will activate the walkman player for example by saying ( Walkman ), then you may say the command you want ( Next track ) or ( Volume Up ) or ( Album album_voice_command ) or ( Track track_voice_command )...

the same voice tagged control may apply to several applications/usage on the phone and NOT limited to the Walkman player, for example you may put your phone on a surface and go with your friends and all say ( cheese ) wich translated into taking a picture command...

in the gallery you may go to the next picture,previews,stop, resume, zoom in, zoom out using the same way, just command the phone and it will response, this will be help full if you connected your phone to a TV to show your friends/family the pictures you have...

[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2008-03-30 12:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2008-03-30 12:59 ]
--
Posted: 2008-03-30 13:58:58

NightBlade Posts: > 500

Yeah, but it would we kind of awkward constantly saying "Next", "Next", "Pause", "Volume down" etc. in a place where there are lots of people (like a bus). Honestly, I prefer using the controls on my headphones.
(HBH-DS980, to be more precise)
--
Posted: 2008-03-30 14:45:39

razec Posts: > 500

Xajel, it will be nice if you list all your ideas into your first post just like what WhiteEye did in his 2008 Concept thread. that makes your ideas easier to find and make your thread more organized
--
Posted: 2008-03-31 06:09:02

@Night blade, well it's not intended to be used all time

@razec, okay, I'll try this later, I posted each idea in seperated post as I needed to write it and arrange my thoughts about it
btw, I think I'll make the first post ( the thread it self ) as a guide to all ideas from all users here, just like the concepts thread
--
Posted: 2008-03-31 06:45:26

Angello Posts: > 500

my patent has been used in the C902

the touch-camera-keys
--
Posted: 2008-03-31 22:37:47

badassmam Posts: > 500

Detatchable keypad variations for the P series i.e. full qwerty keypad, rocker, media keys etc. You buy a P900 type full touchscreen phone and then select a type of flip. For business you put the qwerty on and for games you could switch it for a gamepad type thing. Would be good for a PSP or media phone.
--
Posted: 2008-04-01 02:18:10
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home