Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Technical : Bluetooth specifications and more :)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Bluetooth specifications and more :) Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 4 ... 161718>

Jimak Posts: 58

jh67: That was a joke, was it? I saw 4 different baseband chipsets (CSR, Philips, Nokia and Ericsson) and none is blue - they are black or silver.
The truth is, that Philips comes on a blue-dyed PCB ...
--
Posted: 2002-04-24 09:42:00
Edit : Quote

There is confusion between the file transfer and object push.
T68 has only object push - because it has no real filesystem.
Notebooks have the file transfer (besides the push).
The Bluetooth products I have tried so far are all the same - only their "Windows SW" limits the features. If you use them e.g. under Linux you get the same features from all of them. That goes for 3COM, Nokia DTL1, Nokia DTL4, CSR based products, etc. The radio chipset can handle anything, but the software must support it.
--
Posted: 2002-04-24 09:47:00

tcp/ip Posts: 44

>jan< hehe oki sorry det havde jeg ikke set !! men din beskrivelse er nice "down to earth" og nem at forstå selvom man ikke aner en klyde om blåtand`s teknik.. mvh
--
Posted: 2002-04-24 09:55:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

Jimak > No, it wasnt a joke. One of the first times I saw a bluetooth chipset,..it was blue But then again, it was "commercial",..and I know that today the chipsets are either black or met.silver

Yes the phone does have object push,...and some bluetooth-cards have this too.
I know too that "fileTransfer" is not the same. It is also stated in e.g. the Anycom cards manual, that FileTransfer is for pc-use, and not phone-use.

From what I read, the "Object push-profile" could very well be in all bluetooth-cards in the future. Today they are not.
Reason is,..the bluetooth-cards are not only targeted for mobile-phone-users, but also very much pc-users, that will use a combination of a mobile-phone (synchronization, DUN/LAN-modem) and e.g. a laptop/pda.

There're a lot of bluetooth-profiles,..but they cant all be put into one card. The bluetooth-card manufacturers will put the profiles, they believe are most useful/versatile, into the cards.
And therefore the profiles in the cards will be a mix of "phone-usable-profiles" and "PC-usable-profiles".

In the future we will see cards with more profiles, and probably cards that will be more "mobile-phone-targeted".

When you pay a lot of money for a card,..then you really want it to be versatile. You want to be able to use it with a lot of different devices,..and it should have a lot of different options/features.
At the moment its still a bit limited,..but it'll change in the future

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-04-24 13:55:00

TCP > hehe,..den skulle også være "down to earth",..de skal helst ikke blive helt rundtosset, inden de overhovedet lærer det at kende

Sorry for the danish (no real info in that sentence, just an answer)

Jan
--
Posted: 2002-04-24 14:03:00

titanic Posts: 16

I have one question. Why is the T68i only qualified for spec v1.0b even though spec v1.1 has been out for a long time? Does it mean that my T68i will have interoperability problems with other v1.1 Bluetooth devices?
--
Posted: 2002-04-25 03:38:00

to titanic:
I guess no problem. I have T68m running agains a bunch of BT 1.1 devices and didn't find even smallest glitch so far.

to jan:
Getting that "Object push" is just matter of software. Unless the card manufacturer did something very very very weird.
For sure Nokia's DTL1 and DTL4, 3COMs USB and all other CSR based products I saw work just fine under Linux, even though their "original Windoze software" doesn't.
--
Posted: 2002-04-25 11:22:00

to jan 2:
BTW, we have the "headset" profile almost running between two notebooks - just as an example that the bluetooth module can do anything, all depends on the software (drivers).
Why would one implement the printer or headsed profile in a notebook? There is no use-case for it (do you want to listen to the notebook's speakers when you pick up the call?) and therefore the software you get with such module doesn't support it.
--
Posted: 2002-04-25 11:28:00

Well, one bluetooth-card have the headset profile (audio) right now.

Personally I cant find any reason for an audio profile in a laptop either,..not much need for this. But there might come some options with bluetooth v2 later on. Or actually I know that there will be.
The printer-software/"profile" according to me is more useful on laptops. The Anycom-card have this option, although its not a fully developed bluetooth product yet. Its Anycom's own version right now.

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-04-26 03:53:00

Titanic >
The bluetooth v1.1. are backwards compatible,..so there's no problems with "older" bluetooth versions.
A good example is the Bluespoon, its v.1.1, and it works great with e.g. T-39, T68 and so on

Jimak >
I know too that a lot depends on the software. Thats why I also wrote that more features could be put into the card, once upgraded,..e.g. new drivers/software.

BTW : the Anycom card is v.1.0., thats the card I got And according to Anycom, it doesnt support the object push (from/to phone). At least not at the current moment.

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-04-26 04:13:00
Page <  123, 4 ... 161718>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home