Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Technical : K850i. I want to replace the LCD screen.any tips?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > K850i. I want to replace the LCD screen.any tips? Bookmark topic
Page12>

faten Posts: 6

Hi,
I have a k850i, and totally love it. I think I might of dropped it a thousand times but the last time was bad. The LCD screen cracked internally.
SO I bought a new screen off of ebay and took it to a guy I always go to repair cell fone stuff but he has no idea how to install it...the jerk. So I am left doing it on my own.

My question is: Should Igo ahead and attempt to replace the screen my self? I found some easy instuctions and it looked easy enough, but I am afraid I will mess it up for good.

Here is where I found the tutorial. Please if anyone can give me their input I would totally appercaite it.

http://www.formymobile.co.uk/Dismantle/k850idisassembly.htm

[ This Message was edited by: faten on 2008-06-22 17:09 ]
--
Posted: 2008-06-22 18:07:57
Edit : Quote

Killfr3nzy Posts: > 500

my friend tried replacing his screen he also bought a new screen,
and he messed up his old AND new screen, even though he was good with hardware and stuff.

i strongly recommend you to bring it to a repair shop or like that..
--
Posted: 2008-06-23 00:22:37

hmm, that hard huh?
Why do they make it look so easy then?
--
Posted: 2008-06-23 01:18:20

alexlt Posts: > 500

I'd say, if you have some thecnical experience about this, try it.

I've changed screens before, not K850's ones though, and it's not very hard if you follow a manual or guide ...

Cheers and good luck with your phone
--
Posted: 2008-06-23 01:32:38

thanks alexit,
I am still looking for another guide to replace the lcd screen, but so far the only one I have found is the one I posted earlier.
--
Posted: 2008-06-23 01:37:00

CruSifiXken Posts: 215

It looks do-able using the guide you posted
--
Posted: 2008-06-23 07:36:03

Thanks guys for the responses,
I totally thought it looks do-able too.
--
Posted: 2008-06-23 07:40:40

jms2367 Posts: 302

pls do update us if you tried replacing the lcd on your own,
--
Posted: 2008-06-23 08:08:02

Thanks guys on all the input, but I was so lucky to have found a new cell phone repair shop open a few light away from my home. The guys there are so cool and it looks like they know what they are doing but he did say that the tutorial I posted is not as easy as it looks. the phone has all these little buttons on the side for the volume and what-not & even a bit nerve racking for the experienced to replace, but totally do able cause my phone is doing good.

But still I would love to learn how to fix minor cell phone repairs.
--
Posted: 2008-06-29 08:41:34

darkest Posts: 6

Hi, Ive just used this guide to change my k850i lcd screen. This guide was missing a few steps and could of been clearer but it has helped me to change my repair my phone successfully. If any one would like to ask me any questions or need help then contact me on bradwebb92@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks

--
Posted: 2008-09-09 14:25:57
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home