Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Keitai Corner
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Keitai Corner Bookmark topic
Page123 ... 424344>

clauf Posts: > 500

Keitai Corner
[ This Message was edited by: clauf on 2010-06-28 12:37 ]

--
Posted: 2008-09-07 07:54:39
Edit : Quote

razec Posts: > 500

Cool! i would like to see more from this

is there an SO905iCS successor in the pipeline?
--
Posted: 2008-09-07 08:21:34

goldenface Posts: > 500

Simply Fantastic. Good luck with the thread guys, there is always plenty of interesting Keitai stuff happening .

This message was posted from a K850i
--
Posted: 2008-09-07 13:56:48

goldenface Posts: > 500

Japanese Providers To Go Global

Soon NTTDocomo could be your next network provider.
--
Posted: 2008-09-08 13:58:39

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

Looking good mate! Good luck with the new thread! I'll have to keep a close eye on this one.
--
Posted: 2008-09-08 14:00:49

Unfortunately, school is driving me crazy already... so it will take a little longer to make sure everything's running properly >__
Great article goldenface!

Alright, I do write posts, just not on blogs but on facebook instead =P Anyways here's the latest note (or what I call "scribble") about the SH8010C annoucement:

SH8010C

5 (not so hot) models holding 5 different colours of the Sharp-China's newest phone, the SH8010C, in the Four Seasons Hotel of Shanghai and the Grand Hyatt of Beijing. This phone is based on the bright and vibrant Japanese PANTONE SLIDE 825SH by the phone carrier Softbank.

The phone comes in five bright colours, namely Black, Velvet Bronze, Deep Violet, Peach Pink, as well as White [I'm making up these names]. A large [wait for it...] 2.8 inch AQUOS anti-reflective QVGA LCD panel display. Sliding opening the slider, you'll see a large keypad and your navigation pad. What's interesting about Sharp sliders is Sharp likes to put their navigation pads inside rather than outside. While it looks a lot nicer, there's no way you can operate the phone (not to my knowledge) without having to slide open the phone. No biggie considering you will be having one of the most unique phones >=P On the back is the 2.0 megapixel camera with autofocus (and what looks to be a flash).

The SH8010C does have an accelerometer built inside the phone, which turns the orientation of the display from Portrait to Landscape. Shaking the phone when in different menus activate a few nifty features. MotionControl is also included in the JAVA games. =D

Software wise, it's incredibly similar to the SH9010C (the amazing flip phone). I would expect the entertainment player to include a variety of Equalizers including Karaoke, which manages to fizzile out the voices of the singers (pretty well too). I would also expect the SH8010C to have Picsel browser, which allows you to view word documents, excel spreadsheets, powerpoint presentations, and PDF files.

The MicroSD slot (not sure if it's HDSD) allows you to further expand on the 50 mb built in memory. Stand features such as bluetooth, Video Calling (doesn't work in Canada unfortunately), Infrared Port (though many phones nowadays don't have it), etc. are also present.

The interface of Sharp phones are incredibly simple to use. It's actually pretty similar to Sony Ericsson phones (which is revolutionary for ease and simplicity [back when the iPhone wasn't out at least]). You have the two softkeys, which correspond to the ones on the screen. Below the left softkey is the Multi-Task key, which allows you to run multiple applications, like the Activity Menu on Sony Ericsson phones. The entertainment shortcut key is located below the right shortcut key which gives you access to Music, Games, Videos, Live TV (does not work in Canada), etc. The Call and End (also power) key sandwiches the back/clear key, which is something they got rid of with Sony Ericsson's new phones (STUPID DECISION!!!!)

Alright... let's get down to the price. HAHA the last Sharp phone I wrote about, everyone flipped when they saw the price XD Though Sharp did not mention anything, I would expect the phone to be between $450-$550 CDN, which is much cheaper than the other Sharp SH9010C phone (which is $700 CDN). Not unreasonably expensive: when my phone was out, it was $400... considering this one has way better features, it's not too too bad... Even though I'm a fan of flip phones, the SH9010C is really too pricey so I'm actually considering this one... =)

Too bad they didn't release an Aqua Blue... lately I have an obsession with blue phones... but white is fine for me too =D When the phone is open, it exposes a not so nice surface, similar to LG, Moto, and Nokia looks... I wonder when companies will make the insides look just as nice on the outside like Sony Ericsson sliders (no slide tracks, screws, etc.).

Enjoy more pictures:

UPDATE: MORE PICTURES

[ This Message was edited by: clauf on 2008-09-09 03:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: clauf on 2008-09-11 07:56 ]
--
Posted: 2008-09-09 04:26:01

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

She's a beauty!
--
Posted: 2008-09-09 04:41:55

razec Posts: > 500

I felt more jealous with the Japanese this time
--
Posted: 2008-09-09 04:47:59

djin Posts: > 500

Nice thread . M quite a fan of Japenese technology.

--
Posted: 2008-09-09 04:54:44

923SH (sharp) Softbank:

Highlights:
- 3.3" AQUOS Cycloid Rotating Screen
- 5.2 mp autofocus camera w/ LED Flash
- External OLED Screen
- Triband/WCDMA
- Touch Cruiser Touchpad (navigation centre confirm key is a touchpad to control mouse navigation throughout phone including browser)

Currently, a unlocked version is about $750 CDN/ 500 EUROS (originally a lot more expensive). Not sure if it's fully unlocked or partially. If the price just lowers a little more, I want a blue one =)

[ This Message was edited by: clauf on 2008-09-11 07:53 ]
--
Posted: 2008-09-11 08:42:58
Page123 ... 424344>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home