Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Goodbye Ngage2.0
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Goodbye Ngage2.0 Bookmark topic
Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Ngage2.0 is officialy dead if it wasnt already: http://blog.n-gage.com/archiv[....]g-evolves-?-ovi-store-is-here/
--
Posted: 2009-10-31 16:13:11
Edit : Quote

jj03 Posts: > 500

indeed, the ngage platform was a boil on the ass of nokia. Piss poor games, structure, amongst the many things wrong with it...its been dead for a while of course...and in keeping with steve litchfields 'like the passing of a child' tone in his news item, i'm sure the autopsy will make for very grim reading..
--
Posted: 2009-10-31 20:26:00

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

IMO the games were decent, well Fifa games were good, Bounce Ball Evolution or whatever was sweet, Crash Nitro Kart was great, so was Resident Evil, System Rush and the fighting game One was just excellent for gaming phones that didnt even have Graphics Acceleration. I think what killed Ngage was the poor implementation eg. How the gaming data just ate away at the internal memory, the unstable Ngage app that sometimes just didnt want to install a game, or would sometimes exit a game with Kern exec 3 error, also the clunkiness of the Ngage app,ate a lot of RAM sometimes, and some of the devices it was meant for werent so ideal for gaming eg. N82,N78,N79,N73 etc... When buying a new phone you couldnt simply transfer the games you had to download them all again,games were ridiculously priced etc. . .it was just not well thought out at all. Yet it had a lot of potential, i remember playing System Rush in Ngage Arena via a normal 3G connection and it would be fine, being able to add friends and see what their scores are in certain games,send messages, recommend games to each other etc. . .had a lot going for it but just not well executed IMO, had 2years with Ngage2.0 and thats what ive gathered from it.
--
Posted: 2009-10-31 23:58:58

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home