Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : Apple already conducting Field Tests for next gen iPhone 3.1
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple already conducting Field Tests for next gen iPhone 3.1 Bookmark topic
Page12>

erazer007 Posts: 331

The company Pandav has revealed that its application
usage records or if we call it servers logs shows devices with the name iPhone3,1

Read more here

http://www.fonearena.com/blog[....]s-for-next-gen-iphone-3-1.html
--
Posted: 2009-11-29 21:45:17
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

...and so begins rumours for next year, though actually this is non-news as it tells us zero about whatever is leaving this footprint

I love the iPhone experience but I prefer to keep grounded and refuse to get caught up in the rumour hype
--
Posted: 2009-11-29 22:00:18

It can be true as MacRumours have always been right.

Rumours are more interesting if pics or videos or atleast info is available.
--
Posted: 2009-11-29 22:16:04

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

Macrumors has posted false information by sources that didn't have it all together. Macrumors is a HUGE Apple community if not the largest, and the like to keep a running track record of all their sources.

3 main changes in hardware is what I'm hoping for:
Cortex A9 based cpu allowing for SMP.
5MP camera with LED flash, Zoom & touch focus during recording in Video.
Higher resolution screen, size increase not really needed. And game API's to allow for better shading, polygons and all that jazz.

Software changes:
iPod & playlists to be rearranged, adjusted on the device (not horrible track named new playlists)
SMP support via iPhone OS taking advantage of Cortex A9 based cpu.
Searching within Safari displayed webpages like the desktop version.
higher resolution support - hopefully without breaking too much software compatibility!
All over the blog/forums I've stated the advantages specific to allowing 4 apps simultaneously (headless or head) with the exception of games.

--
Posted: 2009-11-29 23:09:52

I am hoping for a better cam with flash and af.
Higher resolution screen and divx capability.
--
Posted: 2009-11-30 12:37:17

anonymuser Posts: > 500

A higher res screen would be nice, but it should maintain 100% compatibility with all existing apps (which I'm sure it will) and I'd hope they don't start making UI elements smaller just for the sake of it - ie, despite the higher resolution, the home screen icons should be just as big and finger friendly as they are now (which I guess still means limiting them to 20 per screen).

Looking at some of the comparison pictures between the iPhone and the X10 for example, while some are raving over the better resolution of the X10, all I can see is a lot of smaller, fiddlier icons which are going to be harder to see and press...

A better camera is always nice, although (as a 3G owner) the 3GS's snapper still seems good to me. I'm a firm believer in the principle of not chasing megapixels for the sake of it on a slim device like this - unless you have some complete breakthrough in optical technology, a much higher megapixellage has to mean either a bulkier phone or shoddy pictures - Apple know this.

OS wise, I think it's about time they introduced a common file store - similar to the Photos and Videos library but open to different, perhaps pre-registered file types like documents etc - so you could then save an attachment from one application (like email) and then open it up from another (Quickoffice for example). That would massively simplify the work of a lot of the existing apps - although these would obviously need to be re-written in part - and make the iPhone much more ready for business use. It would also provide an obvious place for files to be received and sent from via Bluetooth, although I'm not too interested in that personally.

Other than that... lots more memory and a cheaper price, and I'll take one in July, thanks. After 11 months with the 3G, there's absolutely no question in my mind that my next phone will also be an iPhone of some sort, so bring it on. And if the new, new phone isn't all that better/cheaper, I'll take a 3GS when that takes over from the 3G as the budget alternative.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-11-30 12:55 ]

--
Posted: 2009-11-30 12:50:27

L4nd0 Posts: 17

I hope its better than its counterparts
--
Posted: 2009-11-30 12:51:53

whentheleveebreaks Posts: 390

Would also love wireless sync with my mac.
--
Posted: 2009-11-30 14:38:16

julias Posts: > 500

On 2009-11-29 22:00:18, masseur wrote:
...and so begins rumours for next year, though actually this is non-news as it tells us zero about whatever is leaving this footprint

I love the iPhone experience but I prefer to keep grounded and refuse to get caught up in the rumour hype

I agree as 9 times out of 10 Apple rumours are usually wrong

--
Posted: 2009-11-30 14:40:55

titus1 Posts: > 500

flash support for web browser
--
Posted: 2009-11-30 14:45:31
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index