Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Xperia X10 Protection (Cases, Films, etc.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Xperia X10 Protection (Cases, Films, etc. Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

Popolou Posts: 175

This clear-coat material sounds awfully similar to the film used for cars, aka paint protection films. With the off-cuts, I've managed to cut a piece that fits snugly over the screen while I wait for the Martin fields protector. So far so good.

Regards
Pop
--
Posted: 2010-04-19 23:33:53
Edit : Quote

moogoo Posts: > 500

I decided to go with the ClearCoat shield. I'll report my experiences once I've installed it and then again once I've used it for a week or so. I'm wondering if I can install it over the camera lens without affecting the camera functionality and picture quality.

@popolou

The material ClearCoat uses is actually the same material that is used to cover helicopter rotors to prevent scratches/dings.

--
Posted: 2010-04-20 05:18:14

saltorio Posts: 105

I have a this black leather Roots case I bought for my iPAQ 910c last year. I'm using it with my X10 for now, but the X10 is a bit thin for the case and so isn't as snug as I'd prefer in the case (were the case to get dropped, the X10 would likely fly out).

I was originally looking at the various clear skins for my X10, but then realized that I'm much more afraid of dropping the phone than scratching it (as I tend to keep it in it's case whenever I'm on the move). So now I'm looking for a good rubberized skin that'll give it some bump protection, and likely make it fit my leather case a bit better.
--
Posted: 2010-04-20 05:46:48

I was lookin at silicon and rubberized cases too. but I like my phone in my pocket and rubberized cases make that difficult unless you have really big, loose pockets. i'm also turned off by the added bulk and the fact that it will cover up my sexy white x10 i want to show that baby off!
--
Posted: 2010-04-20 06:05:49

wai_lai416 Posts: 33

On 2010-04-20 05:18:14, moogoo wrote:
I decided to go with the ClearCoat shield. I'll report my experiences once I've installed it and then again once I've used it for a week or so. I'm wondering if I can install it over the camera lens without affecting the camera functionality and picture quality.

@popolou

The material ClearCoat uses is actually the same material that is used to cover helicopter rotors to prevent scratches/dings.

you can always use clearcoat for the case and get a martinfields sp since it comes with the camera lens that way you are fully covered ~ lmk how clearcoat works for you ~ i used the invis shield for my iphone 3gs before.. and it looked like crap lol.. i don't like how it looks on the actual screen.. i'm thinking of getting martinfield + maybe clearcoat or invis shield for the outside ~
--
Posted: 2010-04-20 16:17:45

tai020381 Posts: > 500

Raceshield. Thinner and smoother than Invisible shield yet provide the same protection.
--
Posted: 2010-04-20 17:05:16

D.Dark Posts: 19

I'm not sure about you guys, but I like mine naked
--
Posted: 2010-04-21 03:11:24

that's fine... but i want to keep my x10 looking sexy and as careful as you are, accidents happen.
--
Posted: 2010-04-21 04:47:12

wai_lai416 Posts: 33

On 2010-04-21 04:47:12, moogoo wrote:
that's fine... but i want to keep my x10 looking sexy and as careful as you are, accidents happen.

if i have a choice i like mine naked too ~ but knowing accidents will happen no matter how careful you are ~ i'd like a condom
--
Posted: 2010-04-21 08:08:53

glorfingal Posts: > 500

have invisibleshield and it really did look rubbish .... so it's off.I left the back cover
one on as I can't see that most of the time and the front currently has a Martin
Fields on it. Given this goes almost to the edge of the front of the handset it does
peel off in the corners !

going to investigate a clearcoat next I think.
--
Posted: 2010-04-21 09:20:51
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home