Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Xperia X10 Protection (Cases, Films, etc.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Xperia X10 Protection (Cases, Films, etc. Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

moogoo Posts: > 500

my clearcoat should be here tomorrow... i'll update once i've applied it
--
Posted: 2010-04-25 14:47:21
Edit : Quote

I've updated the first post with my impressions on the clearcoat. Questions are welcome.
--
Posted: 2010-04-27 03:59:05

Oniiko Posts: 32

Ah Thanks for updating Moogoo!

Being able to fit the clearcoat without soaking the handset is a HUGE plus for me!
The InvisibleShield is just FAR too sticky when you first apply it.

The sides on the InvisibleShield are rubbish too and I have removed mine for the same reason you highlighted about extra edges collecting dust... had my Shield on for 3 full days now and dust is collecting.
For anyone who uses the InvisibleShield remove the side pieces carefully as their easy to warp and stretch which is what I think I may have done.

I think that the cut on the InvisibleShield and overall coverage is possibly better.

My main question is what is it like on the screen? Responsiveness? Thickness? Clarity?

Comparing what you've said about the Clearcoat, I think that so far the InvisibleShield may be better for the back, sides and top of the phone.... But thats only better in a sense that it has more coverage. The Shield is THICK too which is great for the back, not so great for the screen.

The 'best' protectective skin may end up being a combination of the 2, which is very expensive!

I'm getting another Shield either today or tomorrow as I complained to my supplier in the UK that the piece cut for the side with the buttons was cut wrong around the camera button.
This installation will be my third try and should be the best so far so I'll probably report back with a little post.

P.S Did you find dust or hairs a problem?
--
Posted: 2010-04-27 12:47:00

glorfingal Posts: > 500

@oniiko .... which UK supplier did you use ?

I've a Martin Fields on the front (thick !!) and invisible shield back cover. The top
and sides were horrible ..... so I'd like to try and replace the big old front one with
something nicer

The side pieces for the invisible shield were slightly too long and the button cut outs
didn't line up too well.
[ This Message was edited by: glorfingal on 2010-04-27 11:56 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-27 12:54:17

Thanks glorfingal

I say supplier, I used an ebay company called Valyoo Ltd.

I emailed them explaining the problem and they said they would dispatch me a replcement asap, which was yesterday and asked I returned this one to them.
I'm quite happy with their service! Esp after telling them that I'll be removing it from my phone and that I had cut the defective piece up to try get a better fit and then threw it all away lol

Looks like were both content with the back of the shield, us and moogoo dont find the side coverage great (im kinda happy with the top though), and we both want THINNER screen protection.
--
Posted: 2010-04-27 13:17:05

goldenface Posts: > 500

Has anyone heard of Durasec = link.

It's a liquid protector.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-04-27 13:05 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-27 14:05:16

glorfingal Posts: > 500

new one to me ..... the pages only state "light scratch protection" though .... ??

They also do the more normal film versions for the X10 ....
--
Posted: 2010-04-27 14:26:44

Durasec - initial thoughts...

This nanotechnology is soon to be popular and incorporated in to alot of things such as clothes, by coating any material with a rough surface (such as lots of micro hairs on the lotus flower) you can prevent any dirt or water particals penetrating or sticking to the material.

I have no idea how much scratch prevention this can have, my guess is not much.

This should leave a very clear and clean screen though, easily cleaned for life.
--
Posted: 2010-04-27 14:41:00

@glorfingal

Clear-tec vs High-tech screen protector.

My guess is the High-Tec is the thicker protection that we could probably shy away from.
--
Posted: 2010-04-27 15:19:54

@Oniiko - Clarity of the clearcoat is outstanding. It's about as thick as the factory SP from what I can tell. Responsiveness is the same as the original SP but I enjoy the feel of the clearcoat better than the original SP. Can't describe it but it just feels better for some reason.

Like i said, it could be cut better, and more protection would have been nice, but it's enough for what i want it to do. I tend to be pretty careful with my phone so as long as major accidents can be avoided, i should be fine

Oh.. and i had a few bits of lint, but i just took off the clearcoat, removed the lint with scotch tape and then reapplied with more adhesive solution. no problems with dust though...
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2010-04-27 15:22 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-27 15:55:30
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home