Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Xperia X10 Protection (Cases, Films, etc.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Xperia X10 Protection (Cases, Films, etc. Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

>500 Posts: > 500

any one know of any GOOD quality silicone cases for the x10?

i know there is heaps on ebay etc etc, but they are all the same....

want something along the lines of the iLuv cases for the iphone, silicone cases but of good durable quality.... anyone seen anything similar?

posted in android section too...
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2010-04-27 15:15 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-27 16:15:10
Edit : Quote

Trickois Posts: 149

@>500

I will keep an eye out, as I'd definitely be interested in one of those too. The only iPhone case I'm jealous of is here:

http://www.case-mate.com/iPho[....]iPhone-3G--3GS-Vroom-Cases.asp

They do make a silicon case for the C905, so here's hoping they join the X10 party eventually.

Good luck.
--
Posted: 2010-04-27 17:19:49

kits Posts: 82

My white X10 came with pre-installed screen protector and an additional one in the box which I applied on top of the already applied protector only to see it fall off within few days. I purchased InvisibleShield full-body protector mainly to protect the back of the phone as I hate the feel/thickness of InvisibleShield as screen protector. I prefer the screen protectors to have little slippery feel like glass.

I applied the InvisibleShield only to the battery cover part and I like it so far even though it feels little edgy on the sides as it's a thick rubbery material. Rub the provided wet sponge on the back cover as well as the sticky side of the protector as it allows you to move the protector until it aligns well on all sides. I am not sure how long it will stay without peeling off on the edges as the thick edges will surely make it feel off over time. I tried InvisibleShield on several phones before and I hate them but I still couldn't pass the 50% off coupon deal recently plus I wanted to protect by white X10 back cover.

I applied a cheap LCD screen protector from ebay on the front and it seems to be holding well so far. I ordered a 3-pack in case they keep coming off every few weeks as i think it's hard for crystal screen protectors to stick to another screen protector .
[ This Message was edited by: kits on 2010-04-27 16:58 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-27 17:56:53

saltorio Posts: 105

Moogoo: On your recommendation I have ordered a Clear-Coat screen protector for my X10. I have faith in the stock protector for resisting scratches, but it's so prone to fingerprints that it really bothers me. So once I receive the Clear-Coat I'll be removing the stock protector and replacing it.

I look forward to a smudge-resistant screen.

I do have a question though: how should I clean my screen before applying the Clear-Coat, or is that part of the purpose of the solution? The instructions posted on their website don't clarify this.

I'm still considering my options for a new leather carry case though. Came across another Roots case for an iPhone that fits the X10 perfectly and has a magnetic flap like the one I currently have (that's a bit too big/loose for my X10).
[ This Message was edited by: saltorio on 2010-04-28 20:58 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-28 21:52:34

Oniiko Posts: 32

I fit another invisible shield today... my replacement.

There was alot of dust and lint on my phone after removing the previous shield, to remove ALL of this I simply used some sticky tape (think its the same as scotch tape in the states). This was very effective! Thanks to moogoo.

I must say now I have some experience with these things, the fit on the back of the phone is near perfect and im very happy with it. Anyone who tries REMOVE THE BACK FROM THE HANDSET. Allign the top edge and then slowly lay down the film maintaining an airtight contact all the way down. Done right there is little need for the squeegy which can ruin the shield. It does look pretty invisible.

It sure as hell doesnt feel invisible though.

Which is why despite the screen being fit just as nicely, it is even more rubbery than the first time. clarity is ok but when you cant slide your finger its just not ideal.
This friction may reduce with some wear, if it does ill report back.

I have ordered the Clearcoat screen protectors now, In my eyes the InvisibleShield for the back and Clearcoat for the screen will be the best combo as a result of this thread... it is costly though.
So factor in money and... CLEARCOAT WINS THIS BATTLE (IMO)

I've got another replacement InvisibleShield coming from ZAGG themselves as opposed to the UK seller who also sent a replacement to me. This along with my second Clearcoat SP will go on my envious girlfriends X10, once it arrives... lucky her. We'll split costs so its worked out OK.
--
Posted: 2010-04-28 22:14:45

t68iNWO Posts: 160

Great information here everyone. Thank you. As for Cases, are there any suggestions? I just purchased this case (http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=10100000_1800000_11000898&products_id=28491) but I am still waiting on it to arrive. I chose this one for 2 main reasons: (1) thin enough to still put the phone in your pocket while in the case and (2) the headphone jack and usb port are exposed at the top for easy connectivity while protecting your phone (such as in a car, for example).

I've been using the martinsfields film and I must say that I end up having to clean it with lcd cleaner everyday as it shows prints like crazy. One good thing is that it doesn't bubble as long as you clean your phone well enough prior to the application.

Once I get my case I'll let everyone know how well it fits.
--
Posted: 2010-04-29 03:21:01

moogoo Posts: > 500

On 2010-04-28 21:52:34, saltorio wrote:
Moogoo: On your recommendation I have ordered a Clear-Coat screen protector for my X10. I have faith in the stock protector for resisting scratches, but it's so prone to fingerprints that it really bothers me. So once I receive the Clear-Coat I'll be removing the stock protector and replacing it.

I look forward to a smudge-resistant screen.

I do have a question though: how should I clean my screen before applying the Clear-Coat, or is that part of the purpose of the solution? The instructions posted on their website don't clarify this.

I'm still considering my options for a new leather carry case though. Came across another Roots case for an iPhone that fits the X10 perfectly and has a magnetic flap like the one I currently have (that's a bit too big/loose for my X10).
[ This Message was edited by: saltorio on 2010-04-28 20:58 ]

The factory SP is so perfectly fit that I simply removed it, wiped the screen with a microfiber lens cleaning cloth and it was pretty much perfection and i immediately applied the clearcoat screen protection. if you find you smudged it, i would use lens cleaner and the microfiber to clean your screen before applying the clearcoat.
--
Posted: 2010-04-29 03:31:58

Oniiko Posts: 32

The InvisibleShield on the screen is much smoother now, finger gestures are still somewhat 'heavy' though, like wading through water lol It's just thick.
Clarity is very good still, although this hasnt been tested or compared side by side with another handset.
Finger prints and smudges - hmmm not sure, I think its good as in they do not show, I havent used to phone without one of these on though. They show if tilted in the light but are not prominent. Easily cleaned off with just a wipe on clothes.
The Shield does reflect the light alot though, I noticed this today... def a bad point.

Over-all I'm reasonably happy I guess, so much so that I will probably leave the Shield on until its quality deminishes and then I will try the Clearcoat I've ordered.
Unless ofcourse after applying the Clearcoat to my girls phone, I decide its far superior, then I will change for the Clearcoat and I will also report back... 4 weeks maybe!

@t68iNWO

I was also considering this case, it is nice and thin and as vids on youtube show it fits very nicely!
Having the top of the phone exposed is a good design feature worth noting when viewing cases.
I may buy one in the future, but for now I've spent far too much on this phone in terms of cases already.
Let us know how you get on with it... I'd like to know how the case holds up with general usage... like how easily scratches show up etc.... not that im hoping you scratch it but im guessing its unavoidable after some usage.
Also how well it holds the phone with that open top... is the phone secure even if turned upside down?
(I have a young brother and sister who just can resist grabbing anything and having a mess... I wouldnt intentially carry the thing upside down)
--
Posted: 2010-04-29 11:01:31

>500 Posts: > 500

any one find the accessories for the x10 on the japanese SE site? found them a few weeks ago but cant find them now???

my brother lives in Tokyo, might get him to send me some things over...
--
Posted: 2010-04-29 17:10:00

saltorio Posts: 105

Just ordered one of these soft skins for my X10, after reading a review someone posted over on XDA:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS[....]em=220588423945#ht_3067wt_1165

I figured for $3.00 (whipping included) I can't really go wrong even if I end up hating it. From the pics the guy on XDA posted, it looks like a decent fit and isn't too thick (may even fit in my current leather case from my old iPAQ). I just wanted something that's provide some basic bump and scratch protection.

I'll let you guys know what I think when it comes in.

--
Posted: 2010-04-29 17:26:43
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home