Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Symbian phones : DivX/Xvid on Vivaz/Satio's mediaplayer!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > DivX/Xvid on Vivaz/Satio's mediaplayer! Bookmark topic
Page <  12

piticul76 Posts: 2

Use this program to convert videos for satio and idou. It has an especial preset for satio
http://www.formatoz.com/
--
Posted: 2010-05-29 11:20:57
Edit : Quote

dondeli Posts: 1

thanks this works well
--
Posted: 2010-07-19 00:08:30

max_wedge Posts: > 500

There is avi divx player for s60 that works Satio, except you need to use the virtual keyboard app as well since it's not touchscreen compatible. But it works.

I can run most of my divx avi files through it no problems. Occasionally one might have too high a bitrate to play smoothly but mostly it works fine. It's not an ideal solution but you don't have to repack the avi in mp4 container - it works as is.

--
Posted: 2010-07-19 04:00:50

max_wedge Posts: > 500

On 2010-05-23 22:25:53, whacky wrote:

It seems that the Processor in the Vivaz (datio) has a hardware mpeg4 codec inside and divx/xvid is mpeg4 to!
I used the programm Yamb (freeware) to rip the video and audio stream out of the avi contaner en repacked it to a mp4 container, this took 1min for a 700Mb file as there is no RECODING involved.
Copy the mp4 file to your memorycard = 2min en view it in the inbuild mediaplayer, file plays perfect en smooth!

Mark.

Good tip.

Satio does have native DIVX support but only if encapsulated in an MP4 container. This is why Satio can play your AVI divx files once they have been re-encapsulated in an MP4 container. MP4 can hold various codecs but usually MP4 support means H.623 or H.624, whereas Divx is often in AVI format.
--
Posted: 2010-07-19 04:19:57

ambok Posts: 1

There is avi divx player for s60 that works Satio, except you need to use the virtual keyboard app as well since it's not touchscreen compatible. But it works.
--
Posted: 2010-11-25 04:31:55

Desmon Posts: 1

Can you watch HD movies on a TV via the TV-Out of the phone? If not 720 then at least 480p?

--
Posted: 2011-05-14 19:50:03

spearss91 Posts: 2

On 2010-05-23 22:25:53, whacky wrote:
Hi,

Ok i will start with the fact that i have a Vivaz and got this working (should work on Satio).
I know Media Go will convert ure avi to mp4 but this takes tooooo looooong.

It seems that the Processor in the Vivaz (datio) has a hardware mpeg4 codec inside and divx/xvid is mpeg4 to!
I used the programm Yamb (freeware) to rip the video and audio stream out of the avi contaner en repacked it to a mp4 container, this took 1min for a 700Mb file as there is no RECODING involved.
Copy the mp4 file to your memorycard = 2min en view it in the inbuild mediaplayer, file plays perfect en smooth!

Yamb is easy to use, start it up and select "Create mp4" (is selected on startup).
Press add to add 1 or more movies en press next.

Presto your mp4 file is ready in one minute. dont select the ouput directory to be your phone or memcard becouse this takes alot longer!!!!

People with a satio should try to confirm if it works.

Have fun,

Mark.

Very great information and it is very easy to use with your method..

Thanks..
[ This Message was edited by: spearss91 on 2012-02-07 10:00 ]

--
Posted: 2012-02-07 10:59:33
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home