Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : BBC Radio 5 live streaming on W595 - anyone achieved it!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > BBC Radio 5 live streaming on W595 - anyone achieved it! Bookmark topic
Page <  12

scormie Posts: 376

On 2011-04-08 10:42:00, sony2zheni wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-07 15:34:18, scormie wrote:

Trying to get BBC Radio 5 live streaming on my W595 here in the UK (O2 network) via the button on this page:\r\n\r\nhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/listen.mp\r\n\r\nNo joy so far, however \r\n\r\nWhen I click the button from within the browser, Media Player fires up, I see "Connecting to the media server" followed shortly by "Connected to the media server" - but that's it. Nothing happens thereafter.\r\n\r\nI'm confident O2 allows audio streaming because I can achieve it with 3rd party apps such as iRadio on the same phone and network. (Sadly, iRadio doesn't provide the BBC streams as far as I can tell.)\r\n\r\nThe BBC tells me it *should* work - the W595 is supported. So, any ideas where I'm going wrong?\r\n\r\nCheers.

same here with my k800. It says 'conncted to media server' but nothing happens.

Couple of things to check. If your K800 is like my W595, there's a separate setting under 'Connectivity' for streaming. Mine has 'Internet settings' and 'Streaming settings' options. Make sure that you've got the right network selected under for streaming.

Secondly, make sure that your phone is set up to use a 3G service. On the W595, this is set under Connectivity / Mobile networks.

Finally, if you've still no joy at this point, confirm with your network that they do in fact permit streaming - not all do, as I've found to my cost with O2-UK pre-pay
[ This Message was edited by: scormie on 2011-04-08 10:20 ]

--
Posted: 2011-04-08 11:18:07
Edit : Quote
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home