Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Samsung Galaxy Nexus available in UK stores
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy Nexus available in UK stores Bookmark topic
Page12345>

laffen Posts: > 500

The first Samsung Galaxy Nexus was handed over to a lucky customer earlier this morning. Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone shipped with Google's newest version of Android os 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Esato News

SamsungGalaxyNexusforsaleintheUK Just in time for the Christmas shopping, Galaxy Nexus made it to the stores today as promised. Phones4U sent out a notice yesterday claiming they are the first retailer in the world to offer the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich powered smartphone. It is probably a little late now, but if you are located close to the shop in Oxford Street, London you would probably be interested in knowing that the first 100 buyers will receive a $250 voucher for free movies, music and film content.Samsung UK tweeted a picture of the worlds first Galaxy Nexus owner so the store is obviously open and ready to accept orders. Samsung will be taking over the store at 112 Oxford Street and a team of Samsung demonstrators will be on hand to take customers through the features of the handset and answer any questions.Samsung Galaxy Nexus was announced one month ago and the smartphone is the worlds first to be shipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It has an impressive 4.65 inch display with a 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. At only 8.9 mm thick it is one of the thinnest smartphones in the market. Galaxy Nexus is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and it further has a 5 megapixel camera, NFC, A-GPS, 1750 mAh battery, 1GB RAM and 16 or 32 GB storage.Let us know if you are one of the first 100 getting your hands on the Galaxy Nexus
--
Posted: 2011-11-17 12:12:34
Edit : Quote

Hobbs Posts: > 500

lucky bugger.
--
Posted: 2011-11-17 18:20:51

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Blimey they are doing an iphone style look I got the first one now
--
Posted: 2011-11-17 22:05:01

Caspa Posts: > 500

I think the title of the thread should be changed from plural to singular! P4U seem to be the only ones that have it!
--
Posted: 2011-11-17 23:14:35

adsada Posts: > 500

Anyone else noticed that SE's UI is really similar to ICS Android 4.0? The task bar has room for two apps on either side of the app launcher. This makes sense though because it feels right to use being symmetrical other phones like the GS2 have the app launcher slightly to one side that is what I also hated about Android was it's 4 button approach, which IMO is too many buttons! Three is perfect, can do without a search one!

But do you think the designers at google took inspiration at SE's UI?
--
Posted: 2011-11-18 01:03:37

I have not noticed that will have another look. I hated when did that with 4 buttons & changed the side of the back button
--
Posted: 2011-11-18 01:13:09

Just held the funny model in my hands in Phones4U store. It's nicer looking than I thought but also bigger than I thought
--
Posted: 2011-11-18 14:40:00

adsada Posts: > 500

On 2011-11-18 01:13:09, Bonovox wrote:
I have not noticed that will have another look. I hated when did that with 4 buttons & changed the side of the back button

This is what I mean:

The arc was my first android device so I can't say I was used to anything before that, but now I don't think I would like if the back button being on the right it just seems correct that it should be on the left imo. And actually ICS adopted the back button on the left too, another feature taken from ?
--
Posted: 2011-11-18 15:04:08

Oh right ok. Phones4U store today. Thinking of the so called 'copy cat' Samsung/Apple designs this one is nicer than ANY Apple design anyway. So if Samsung felt the need to copy Apple designs then they must have been mad cos Samsung's own designs are much nicer!!

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-11-18 14:56 ]

--
Posted: 2011-11-18 15:53:44

Miss UK Posts: > 500

its a Copycat HTC Sensation
iPhone? neh way lol why is apple always sumed up in these topics
--
Posted: 2011-11-21 14:23:14
Page12345>

New Topic   Reply