Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... , 478479480>

worf1000 Posts: 265

On 2012-12-09 09:29:00, vivftp wrote:

On 2012-12-08 05:44:10, randomuser wrote:
^

Said who ?

CLED for CES confirmed?

C'moooooon randomuser, spill your guts about any leked info you have. You know you wanna do it

Did you know that Sony don't have hurry for this kids game between Samsung and LG? remember this one http://www.oled-info.com/sony-xel-1 world first oled tv.

What LG and Samsung do is trow everything out so quick as possible and Sony do not play game with tose Korean copycats.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-12-09 09:03 ]

--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:01:00
Edit : Quote

vivftp Posts: > 500

On 2012-12-09 10:01:00, worf1000 wrote:
Did you know that Sony don't have hurry for this kids game between Samsung and LG? remember this one http://www.oled-info.com/sony-xel-1 world first oled tv.

What LG and Samsung do is trow everything out so quick as possible and Sony do not play this stupid game with tose Korean copycats.

Yeah I know about the XEL-1, but there's also a large difference between a small, super expensive niche display, and a larger display that while still expensive, is a bit easier to swallow. Sony needs something to help regain the perception to the world that they are the top dogs in the TV world, just like the Trinitrons were. CLED could possibly be that... but we have little to no info on it, sadly

--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:04:45

randomuser Posts: > 500

vivftp, the Sony-Panasonic JV is only for the panel development. And Panasonic is basically doing nothing except giving cash to Sony

The actual products from Sony and Panasonic will not share much at all. They will be developed independent of each other.

And yes Sony as well as Panasonic will show final ready to manufacture OLED models at CES, not prototypes.
--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:09:56

On 2012-12-09 10:09:56, randomuser wrote:
vivftp, the Sony-Panasonic JV is only for the panel development. And Panasonic is basically doing nothing except giving cash to Sony

The actual products from Sony and Panasonic will not share much at all. They will be developed independent of each other.

And yes Sony as well as Panasonic will show final ready to manufacture OLED models at CES, not prototypes.

Really? I thought it was the other way around and Sony was providing the $$$ for Panasonic. I didn't think Sony had the production facilities for large sized OLED panels... or are they having AUO or someone else do the actual manufacturing?

Glad to hear about full production model units though. I'm gonna be glued to the internet throughout all of CES!

--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:13:41

worf1000 Posts: 265

On 2012-12-09 10:13:41, vivftp wrote:

On 2012-12-09 10:09:56, randomuser wrote:

Really? I thought it was the other way around and Sony was providing the $$$ for Panasonic. I didn't think Sony had the production facilities for large sized OLED panels... or are they having AUO or someone else do the actual manufacturing?

Glad to hear about full production model units though. I'm gonna be glued to the internet throughout all of CES!

Why do you think Sony give cash? Sony was the first with those OLED technology not panasonic/Samsung or LG.
But you have one good point and i have to agree with you, Sony don't have the facility to produce for the mass production, that's why Sony use Samsung for its LCD and Oled screens production ( PS VITA) and so get Samsung those technolochy from Sony for free.

Samsung get also government support in the past 10 years, that's why Samsung get really big and many tech companies sues Samsung for stealing his patent in the past like Ericsson/Qualcom/Rambus/Sharp/Nokia/WD and some others companies like Sony is a victim.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-12-09 09:27 ]

--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:25:09

On 2012-12-09 10:25:09, worf1000 wrote:
Why do you think Sony give cash? Sony was the fist with those OLED technology not panasonic/Samsung or LG.
But you have one good point and i have to agree with you, Sony don't have the facility to produce for the mass production.

I had read somewhere that Sony was supplying cash and tech/patents, while Panasonic was supplying the production facilities and their own OLED tech/patents. That info could have been wrong, of course. I'd also heard AUO was somehow involved in Sonys OLED plans, so I wonder how that all fits together.

Samsung get also government support in the past 10 years, that's why Samsung get really big and many tech companies sues Samsung for stealing his patent in the past like Ericsson/Qualcom/Rambus/Sharp/Nokia/WD and some others companies like Sony is a victim.

Dude, we get it already. You're not a fan of Samsung, LG, or Korean businesses in general. No need to keep bringing it up all the time as it's getting to be annoying.
--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:28:24

It's AUO that is manufacturing the panels, not Panasonic. Although they might make use of Panasonic's manufacturing facilities but I doubt that will be necessary. Also Panasonic don't really have much of OLED know how or patents, which is why they had to team up with Sony.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-12-09 09:40 ]

--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:39:48

On 2012-12-09 10:39:48, randomuser wrote:
It's AUO that is manufacturing the panels, not Panasonic. Although they might make use of Panasonic's manufacturing facilities but I doubt that will be necessary. Also Panasonic don't really have much of OLED know how or patents, which is why they had to team up with Sony.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-12-09 09:40 ]

Good stuff. Ya know... if you happen to know of any sizes, I wouldn't mind hearing about them...

--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:42:30

Xajel Posts: > 500

@randomuser,

Any news regarding any thing new next year ? I'm planning to buy a Sony 55 incher and found the 55HX750 to be nice for my budget, but coz I'm not in a hurry and the purchase might be in 2H13 then I wonder if there's anything new and worth in the same price range...
--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:55:05

@vivftp

65 and 55 is what I've heard

@Xajel

Definitely. You should wait for next year's lineup. The main attraction will be improved Dynamic EDGE LED backlighting and Passive 3D technology. Also better quality panels next year.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-12-09 09:57 ]

--
Posted: 2012-12-09 10:57:02
Page <  123 ... , 478479480>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home