Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Windows Phone will overtake iPhone
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Windows Phone will overtake iPhone Bookmark topic
Page123>

julias Posts: > 500

Windows Phone will overtake iPhone in just three years' time, say respected tech analysts.Windows Phone will become the number two smartphone operating system in the world by 2015, predict analysts iSuppli.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sc[....]ch-analysts.html#ixzz1kEiOR6Ui

--
Posted: 2012-01-23 01:24:04
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

no real surprise there. Just like android, Windows phone is used by multiple manufacturers in multiple devices whereas iOS is used by just 1.

In fact it tells quite alot about iOS devices that it will take that long for WP to overtake!
--
Posted: 2012-01-23 07:07:39

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Yep, its inevitable, although its going to take a much longer time than Android, but thats IF the market begin buying in to WP, many carriers dont seem interested anymore. I know here in SA they all stopped stocking them, we're only going to get the Nokia Lumia range for now via one network.
--
Posted: 2012-01-23 09:27:29

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Plenty of carriers here stocking them. People seem to be judging Windows Phones without even trying them. It is now alot better than 6.5 version was and different. As more and more features are introduced and more try it they will see its an amazing OS. Microsoft have done an excellent job as I have not seen an OS so fluid and yes I have used iOS. I am not missing Android at all using my Lumia and that for me is saying something
--
Posted: 2012-01-23 11:13:00

Apparently UK Carriers are forcing Nokia to lower the price of the Lumia710 after poor sales of the Lumia800: http://wmpoweruser.com/uk-car[....]mPowerUser+%28WM+Power+User%29

Personaly ive used the HTC Trophy and Mozart on WP7.1 (NoDo update) and recently a Samsung Omnia7 on WP7.5 Mango, these 3 were the only WPs sold here, i was simply not impressed by WP, the live tiles werent as functional as Android's widgets, as with widgets like Email, Stocks, Twitter, FB etc they allowed scrolling and editing without leaving my HS, another thing in WP is no folder support so i cant group shortcuts in HS or the app menu etc... Also find the large fonts to be a waste of the screen and the whole UI to be very "gimmicky", the whole experience was just disappointing and annoying, for me, id be prepared to take an iPhone any day over a WP.

What will be very interesting with WP is when you have low end 800mhz WPs on single core, and high end multicore WPs after the Apollo update late this year.
--
Posted: 2012-01-23 12:15:55

snoFlake Posts: 119

Here are iSuppli's predictions for WinMOBILE from 2009, I think safe to say their prediction track record is somewhat less than 100% and may exhibit shall we say a rather rose tinted outlook with regards to Microsoft's efforts.

Repotrs of Windows Mobile's death are greatly exaggerated

--
Posted: 2012-01-23 13:02:47

adsada Posts: > 500

I don't believe that iOS and Apple has much of a future, it's similar to the Mac vs PC race back in the day. But where Android manufacturers can update the look and feel of the UI easily to keep it looking fresh, this isn't the same case with iOS. And glossy icons which once looked slick and modern are starting to get dated... It should be interesting to see what happens, because on the one hand people might keep buying new iPhones because they've been sucked in to the Apple way of live, iTunes all their apps etc. that they don't want to loose. However on the other hand people want change, and they're not going to keep forking out for the same UI everytime...imo
--
Posted: 2012-01-23 13:08:03

@Tsepz_GP, Windows Phone OS "gimmicky" I think not I think pointless live wallpapers which make Android lag are gimmicky. I see it as more mature OS than Android. Live tiles are as functional as Widgets. I get updates of everything pop up on them & it's all very slick & smooth. The look of an icon means nothing to me. The OS itself is very well laid out easy to use & does everything I need to do in less clicks than Android. The integration of Face Book is a million times slicker than say Face Book inside Xperia for example. Like iTunes the Zune software I have everything in one place & it is not slow on my pc. It syncs trouble free when its plugged into pc. I don't think icons & how they look is what people are crying out for. You know me I am really fussy but I have found my niche in WP!! I could not give a stuff as to what everyone else is buying as long as something works for me then I am an individual with something different from others As for Nokia they have done an excellent job if only they could get people to take it on. They have still managed to make their Lumia's unique with their Nokia Drive,Nokia Music etc. Yeah that's not enough alone. But I also like what they are doing with a budget Windows device too. From what I have read carriers HERE are wanting Nokia's Lumia range to do well it's in their interests. I know Nokia will keep getting even better with their Windows devices in future & more features will be introduced in time that are missing I am sure. Nokia have almost got it perfect with their first Lumia 800 only the battery is not perfect but what smart phone battery is. They have done a good job with minimal issues.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-01-23 18:35 ]

--
Posted: 2012-01-23 19:28:33

Glad you're happy with your Lumia Bono, but i stand by what i said about WP and its UI, not at all happy with it, or by Nokia using it.
--
Posted: 2012-01-23 20:36:58

--
Posted: 2012-01-23 20:51:19
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home