Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Next Sony Xperia smartphone might have a 4.3 inch AMOLED display
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Next Sony Xperia smartphone might have a 4.3 inch AMOLED display Bookmark topic
Page123>

laffen Posts: > 500

The next Sony Xperia smartphone is rumoured to have a 4.3 inch AMOLED display. Panel maker AUO will start production of the smartphone display in second half according to Chinese newspaper

AMOLEDpanelsmightfinditswaytothenextXperiahandset

Esato News

--
Posted: 2012-04-06 04:16:38
Edit : Quote

worf1000 Posts: 265

Laffen, itīs not Amoled panels just Oled from Sony himself, they only produce for Sony.
Samsung call it also Amoled for the 5 inch Vita panel, but meanwhile it is just 100% oled from Sony itself.
Those are the agreements between Sony and Samsung.
--
Posted: 2012-04-06 11:25:05

laffen Posts: > 500

What's not AMOLED? The displays made by AUO, the next Sony display or the S88 display?
--
Posted: 2012-04-06 16:07:31

On 2012-04-06 16:07:31, laffen wrote:
What's not AMOLED? The displays made by AUO, the next Sony display or the S88 display?

Laffen, what i mention is is that word (Amoled) to quick uses by many writers.
Sony have their own oled innovation as it stated with the article (know how) only the writer use the those Amoled instead of oled only and that Sony give him the order to make Panels we all know Sony don't have huge mass production facility with government support like Samsung and LG have.

Their are difference between Amoled and just Oled only, you can find on google
--
Posted: 2012-04-06 21:00:18

randomuser Posts: > 500

On 2012-04-06 21:00:18, worf1000 wrote:

On 2012-04-06 16:07:31, laffen wrote:

Laffen, what i mention is is that word (Amoled) to quick uses by many writers.
Sony have their own oled innovation as it stated with the article (know how) only the writer use the those Amoled instead of oled only and that Sony give him the order to make Panels we all know Sony don't have huge mass production facility with government support like Samsung and LG have.

Their are difference between Amoled and just Oled only, you can find on google

I think you are confusing SAMOLED with AMOLED my friend.
OLED stands for Organic Light Emitting Diode technology and this technology has two sub types - Active Matrix and Passive Matrix. These are methods for controlling the individual pixels. Most OLED screens use Active Matrix method. Sony also uses Active Matrix OLED be it on the XEL-1 OLED TV or cybershot cameras, walkman X or the PS Vita.
Yes Sony doesn't like to use the term AMOLED but the technology method used is AMOLED. Passive Matrix OLED is not used by Sony.
--
Posted: 2012-04-07 06:07:57

samoled is Super Amoled i think you are confuse about it.

OLED: Organic Light Emitting Diode.
AMOLED: Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode.
SAMOLED: Super Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode

Sony use only pure 100% OLED not inferior SAMOLED or AMOLED.
Look at the PS VITA use 100% OLED Samsung named it AMLOED because they produce it for Sony with Sony innovation and not Samsung copy past things.

I think that Sony will use 100% OLED in their device next year. That's why Sony keep testing this technique.
--
Posted: 2012-04-07 18:43:29

On 2012-04-07 18:43:29, worf1000 wrote:

Look at the PS VITA use 100% OLED Samsung named it AMLOED because they produce it for Sony with Sony innovation and not Samsung copy past things.

I think that Sony will use 100% OLED in their device next year. That's why Sony keep testing this technique.

See buddy there is no 100% OLED. You seem to not understand the concept at all. Let me repeat. OLED technology has two sub types - AMOLED and PMOLED.
So every single OLED is either AMOLED or PMOLED. There is no "100% OLED" or whatever. Both AMOLED and PMOLED are 100% OLED.

And Sony too uses Active Matrix OLED just that they only use the term OLED for marketing and not AMOLED. Without the "A" no OLED screen can display images.

Go through this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-08 05:08 ]

--
Posted: 2012-04-08 06:07:45

jinga Posts: 1

these facts has made me understood the confusion surrounding OLED and AMOLED technologies. Thanks!!!
--
Posted: 2012-04-08 13:08:12

On 2012-04-08 06:07:45, randomuser wrote:

On 2012-04-07 18:43:29, worf1000 wrote:

See buddy there is no 100% OLED. You seem to not understand the concept at all. Let me repeat. OLED technology has two sub types - AMOLED and PMOLED.
So every single OLED is either AMOLED or PMOLED. There is no "100% OLED" or whatever. Both AMOLED and PMOLED are 100% OLED.

And Sony too uses Active Matrix OLED just that they only use the term OLED for marketing and not AMOLED. Without the "A" no OLED screen can display images.

Go through this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-08 05:08 ]

Buddy, Oled is not the same as Amoled and Oled is far superior than SAMoled or AMoled so you think that AMoled or SAMoled is the same as Oled? Explain please.

Those Wikipedia is not 100% trustful mate.
--
Posted: 2012-04-08 15:52:50

Fine. Read here then

This is the largest website on OLED technology on the Internet.

http://www.oled-info.com/oled-technology

I really think you should open up a bit and do some reading before making posts that will only make you feel stupid in the future.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-08 15:24 ]

--
Posted: 2012-04-08 16:23:27
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home