Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Samsung is selling more mobile phones than Nokia
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung is selling more mobile phones than Nokia Bookmark topic
laffen Posts: > 500

According to a group of analysts, Samsung sold more mobile phones than Nokia during the first quarter. This is not just smartphones where Samsung is the king, but the estimated number also count sold feature phones where Nokia has its strength.

SamsungsellingmoremobilephonesthanNokia

Esato News

--
Posted: 2012-04-14 16:13:33
Edit : Quote

etaab Posts: > 500

Which comes as no surprise to me. Nokia imo were the best phone makers by far, they surpassed SE's sparkle in 2006 imo and now they're stagnant and boring. I also think Nokia's customer service went from adequate to downright diabolical regarding my N8 18 months ago.
--
Posted: 2012-04-14 21:25:18

tranced Posts: > 500

But I don't think people think much about customer service when they are going to buy a phone.
--
Posted: 2012-04-14 23:21:19

skblakee Posts: > 500

This is not surprising at all. Nokia is under a lot of pressure from Samsung in all categories and there won't be any letting up. Samsung has been aiming for this for the past two years and now it seems to be here.
I think with all the pressure the Blackberry has been under it has distracted most of us from the daily struggles of Nokia and their partnership with Microsoft.

Those Lumias better do well.
--
Posted: 2012-04-15 05:25:02

Hobbs Posts: > 500

And with this news from Samsung it makes it even tougher for the former mobile Giant.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]ond_half_of_2012-news-4090.php
--
Posted: 2012-04-15 13:02:11

On 2012-04-14 23:21:19, tranced wrote:
But I don't think people think much about customer service when they are going to buy a phone.

No they certainly dont until they get burned by the company who is meant to look after their new purchase. When i bought my N8 from Nokia sim free i expected a certain level of professional courtesy from them with my first N8 when i noticed it had a fault straight from the box.

So now ive learnt two lessons: first dont even buy from Nokia directly - ever ! and secondly, Nokia are useless at customer service.
--
Posted: 2012-04-15 22:19:55

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Incredible ,they deserve this, year after year they have gotten better and better and learnt from past mistakes, well done Samsung.

Where are Dups! and Mario??? They predicted this happening years ago whilest Nokia seemed unstoppable.
--
Posted: 2012-04-15 22:39:43

One thing ive learnt since growing older is that just because one big name is the winner one year, a year later things can quickly change, be it with SE and Nokia, football teams, massive corporations like Sony who're now cutting jobs etc.

I can actually remember when Samsung were a budget label here in the UK !
--
Posted: 2012-04-16 21:52:13

dominiquelan Posts: 31

I think both manufacturers have both strengths and weaknesses. They're going head to head with Apple, but in reality they have much more in common with each other than they think.
--
Posted: 2012-04-23 12:20:33

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home