Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : O2 axes Sony Xperia ray, arc and neo Ice Cream Sandwich plans
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > O2 axes Sony Xperia ray, arc and neo Ice Cream Sandwich plans Bookmark topic
tranced Posts: > 500

UK carrier O2 faces the prospect of hugely disappointed Android users, with the news that the carrier will not be pushing official Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades to select Sony smartphones. Sony’s updates for the Xperia ray, arc and neo failed to meet O2′s exacting standards, the carrier says, being found to impact “the phone’s speed and performance,” and as such the three handsets will remain on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.

Read more...
--
Posted: 2012-09-03 13:57:53
Edit : Quote

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Oh dear I thought they had already rolled all updates out across all networks. That's really bad from O2. Are they just trying to force customers to buy new handsets I wonder.
--
Posted: 2012-09-03 16:49:00

djin Posts: > 500

I guess o2 customers can do without the new multi tasking and smart dialer. Besides those 2, there isnt any big change, and on the contrary, actually slows down the phone.
--
Posted: 2012-09-03 18:43:42

Bonovox Posts: > 500

See this newer story

http://m.engadget.com/2012/09/03/o2-uk-denies-xperia-ray-arc-and-neo-owners-ics/?icid=m_eng_latest_art
--
Posted: 2012-09-04 02:18:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home