Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Symbian phones : P800, is it WORTH it?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800, is it WORTH it? Bookmark topic
Page12>

pres Posts: 9

Hey guys, im planning to have one very soon.
I made this thread for everyone, including me, to know the beauty of this phone.

I hope you guys are cooperative and generous enough to post everything you know about P800.

Tell us your actual and personal experiences regarding this phone, whether good or bad.

Everything you say will be highly appreciated.

By the way, this is my first ever post!

More power to everyone of us!

--
Posted: 2003-02-17 11:16:00
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

ok, well I have had my P800 for almost a month and I am STILL now sure that I will keep it. I have said it a few times and I will probably be still saying in another month.

I am used to using the ipaq 5450 with a T68i, a combination I still have that works very well.

So far I think I have only found that the P800 is good for flashing around in the pub and showing movies. For some reason people seem more interested that a phone can show movies than if I show movieas on the ipaq.

The browser on the ipaq is far superior to even Opera the screen is far superior in my opinion.

But there is still something making me hang on to the P800. Perhaps I am waiting for that show stopping feature, or program, that will make me keep it, but I am totally sure I will keep the ipaq/t68i combo regardless.

hmmm... tricky one that. Can anyone comment on why I am keeping the P800 as I think it has outlived its curiosity factor for me, and its showboat-ness which this communicator seems to attract... hmmm...

btw. I have the 64mb duo and can't even manage to get it 3/4 full with anything I would want to keep, so I probably won't be in any rush for the 128Mb duo.

Overall, its a great unit if you want something that communicates, stores personal details, contacts etc, syncs well with outlook and can run a few good games and other utilities, but probably not worth swapping your ipaq for.

thoughts?
--
Posted: 2003-02-17 11:41:00

Mimzo Posts: > 500

I had been using an iPAQ 3970 and T68i combo until very recently when I got my P800. I know it may be too early to judge but I feel the P800 has a lot of potential. There's no doubt that it can become so much more than what it originally is through software upgrades and midlets and applications. I think the base product is something very powerful and it's up to us as users (and programmers in my case) to build on this base. We have something good to start with.

I still have my iPAQ combo and will wait a while before doing away with it but I have a lot of hopes for the P800.
--
Posted: 2003-02-17 14:39:00

antski Posts: 55

i agree.. there's so much potential on the phone. with the amount of new software and updates that's coming out each week and in only 2 months of release time, it;s almost liek the sky is the limit..

--
Posted: 2003-02-17 15:05:00

arroyootje Posts: > 500

NO it's not worth it! Get yourself a 7650 and have some real fun!!!
--
Posted: 2003-02-17 15:31:00

Zoidy Posts: 114

Quote:
On 2003-02-17 15:31, arroyootje wrote:
NO it's not worth it! Get yourself a 7650 and have some real fun!!!

arroyootje,

if you are going to say that the P800 is not worth it then it would be a really good idea if you actually said why!!!

Z.

--
Posted: 2003-02-17 15:38:00

Jim Posts: > 500

[quote$if you are going to say that the P800 is not worth it then it would be a really good idea if you actually said why!!!

Z. [/quote]

Heheheheh nice one
--
Posted: 2003-02-17 15:46:00

arroyootje Posts: > 500

sorry, i will tell you why:

The 7650 has profiles, T9, user friendly, video recorder (downloaded), you can send several items with bluetooth, folders for images, sms, ..., better calender, less bugs, the choice if you want GPRS or not, NEED I GO ON?????

I sold my 7650 last week and bought this, but i am really disappointed, i was really looking forward to it, but i just think that have forgotten the BASIC elements needed to make a phone....
--
Posted: 2003-02-17 15:50:00

Zoidy Posts: 114

Quote:
On 2003-02-17 15:50, arroyootje wrote:

The 7650 has profiles, T9, user friendly, video recorder (downloaded), you can send several items with bluetooth, folders for images, sms, ..., better calender, less bugs, the choice if you want GPRS or not, NEED I GO ON?????

I sold my 7650 last week and bought this, but i am really disappointed, i was really looking forward to it, but i just think that have forgotten the BASIC elements needed to make a phone....

Well, looks like you had a lot of issues! I for one will never buy a Nokia again after past examples of their build quality. As for the lacking P800 software add-ons i'm sure they will come.....just a matter of time really. Thats the beauty about Symbian, easy to create software for.

Z.

--
Posted: 2003-02-17 16:05:00

Eamonn Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2003-02-17 15:50, arroyootje wrote:

video recorder (downloaded),
I sold my 7650 last week and bought this, but i am really disappointed,

Is a 10 second video clip really important? U knee what there was and wasn't in the phone by reading this board! why did you but it then?
--
Posted: 2003-02-17 18:10:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home