Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : iPhone 5 is TWICE as slow as Android
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > iPhone 5 is TWICE as slow as Android Bookmark topic
Page1234>

julias Posts: > 500

The iPhone 5 is the slowest smartphone among the best selling brands on the market, consumer watchdog tests claim.Technical tests to measure processing and memory speed ranked the Apple handset bottom of seven of the most popular phones on the market in the UK.It is slower than both the main Samsung models as well as rivals from Google, Sony, HTC and Blackberry for popular tasks such as playing games, editing pictures or using apps.

And the top ranked phone, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is almost twice as fast, according to consumer champions Which? who carried out industry-recognised laboratory tests.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sc[....]d-iPhone-5-TWICE-slow-android-
--
Posted: 2013-06-25 15:18:15
Edit : Quote

whentheleveebreaks Posts: 390

I like to see the same tests after a year of usage and see which is "faster".
[ This Message was edited by: whentheleveebreaks on 2013-06-25 16:43 ]

--
Posted: 2013-06-25 17:42:54

etaab Posts: > 500

Yeah mines faster after a years use. So its pretty true imo.
--
Posted: 2013-06-25 22:59:13

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

My GS2 is still blazing fast after 2years, I have never even done a reset to it only switched mem cards, it's running 4.1.2 beautifully.
My GS3 which I had for around 9months, also never gave that a reset, it ran like a well oiled machine and was one hell of a workhorse right up to the end.

Both are as fast as a friend's iPhone5. The whole slowing down over time thing seems to be something that ended long ago, I havent experienced it, not on Samsung Androids that is.
--
Posted: 2013-06-25 23:18:31

Miss UK Posts: > 500

iPhone is so 2012 of course its going to be slow

silly link
--
Posted: 2013-06-26 04:04:59

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

Silly indeed. Geekbench scores ... which really translate into nothing measurable in the real world other than games (load times, frame rates, pixels used, visual colour acuity). There is no discernable difference in a proper mobile OS running on a Dual-Core vs a Quad-Core or higher multicore mobile cpu!

I thought we where done measuring swollen member size? Does anyone really go around to care or talk about how their smartphone measures on these scores as a measurement to state why they chose their phones, other than early teens?
--
Posted: 2013-06-27 14:32:13

Lol ^^
--
Posted: 2013-08-21 01:34:06

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Benchmarks mean nothing to me and in everyday real life it makes little difference. Am sure the iphone is not the slowest. On another note I want an ipod touch 5th generation
--
Posted: 2013-08-21 01:59:00

I actually don't care either about bench tests

Before you decide on a 5th Gen. iPod touch have
A look on eBay cos you can prob get a iPhone 4S for the same
Price or a bit more, it would be a good spare phone aswell as music
Device, beats carrying around a lot of other phones too!
--
Posted: 2013-08-21 16:41:22

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Well,I know the quality of camera and screen is apparently better than the 4th Generation but is the build?? The build of the 4th generation ipod touch was awful.
--
Posted: 2013-08-21 19:18:52
Page1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home