Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Symbian phones : P800 screen scratches / email issue & lost MP3
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P800 screen scratches / email issue & lost MP3 Bookmark topic
JonStatt Posts: 48

I think I have realised I should have got a screen protector sooner. I have found that the buttons on the keypad actually produce small scratches on the screen over a period of time, most probably if dust happens to be in the way of the button and the screen. Others may want to be aware of this possibility. I now have little marks under 3 of the buttons. I also found I have to press the top row of buttons harder than the rest to get output.

With the email facility, I am using IMAP. After checking for email, how can I mark the email as "read" so that the new email symbol disappears? I can't find any way of doing this other than opening the email on the phone, which I don't always want to do (and can't do if I only download the header)

Also, I did a master reset. This wiped the audio MP3 file that was on the phone when I got it. It doesn't appear to be on the CD either. Could someone email it to me at jonathan.statt@dial.pipex.com.

Thanks,
Jonathan Statt

--
Posted: 2003-02-18 13:51:00
Edit : Quote

lexus Posts: 308

That "Lateral thinking" can be found on CD2 which came with P800...
--
Posted: 2003-02-18 16:12:00

JonStatt Posts: 48

Hi Lexus,

Unless I am going mad, I cannot locate that file on my CD 2. I have version 1.0.0 of the CD. Where is it hiding?

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
Posted: 2003-02-18 21:05:00

Display Polish Posts: 70

Thanks, I removed my key pad yesterday as I thought it was in the way and might as well use the virtual key pad. As for the scratches I can't find any but if they do appear I will try to use Displex.

I use the POP3 email function and when the email is read the icon disappears.

--
Posted: 2003-02-18 21:38:00

pajon82 Posts: 135

Don't use Displex. It will destroy the display. This info comes right from the Displex support!

By the way...someone who is selling Displex (a school mate of mine), says that it is just regular polish called (Möbelpolish) in Sweden. Can't confirm this...

Best regards, Patrik
--
Posted: 2003-02-18 21:45:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home