Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : Phones4U go into administration as EE pull out
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > Phones4U go into administration as EE pull out Bookmark topic
Page <  12

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Well,last year Vodafone walked away from Carphone but came back and neither Phones4U or Carphone sells Three network because Three doesn't wish to sell through third party sellers. It seems the networks are becoming greedy and don't want to share profits. Or maybe Phones4U were bullying. Strangely in the last month I had phone trouble from Phones4U online and when they delt with my problems they were friendly and helpful at all times. Deliveries were always as promised. I've never had any phones sold as SIM free from them but turned out to be locked. From what I know there was just confusion over the EE SIM free Lumia 920 phones which were locked. I used to hate their aggressive sales tactics but lately I haven't seen that and I've walked into their stores loads of times. The founder John Caudwell he sold the company for over a billion he's also a local guy up here in the Midlands. The one thing I did read was some years ago Phones4U were fined for bad insurance practices. I wouldn't say I was shocked at the news but it did happen suddenly so fast

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2014-09-18 16:19 ]

--
Posted: 2014-09-18 17:16:00
Edit : Quote

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Can't say i'm at least surprised "Good riddance" to them *mobsters*
--
Posted: 2014-09-20 02:45:58

PowerLee Posts: 344

The aggressive sales tactics didn't work on me.

Only ever been in a Phones4u store once, that was more then enough to put me of ever buying anything from them.
--
Posted: 2014-09-20 18:26:20

I have never fallen victim to sales tactics. If I walk into a store and they approach me I just say no thanks if I need anything I will call you over. No one can fool me into any old sale
--
Posted: 2014-09-20 21:01:53

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Bonovox they stand outside the store up merryhill and try and drag u in lol 😛
--
Posted: 2014-09-26 18:19:46

etaab Posts: > 500

I walked past Phones4U yesterday in my local shopping centre and there was one man in there sat at the computer at the back, the lights were one but the shop was closed.
--
Posted: 2014-09-26 19:00:49

Phones4U customers who pre ordered the new iphone won't get their money back administrators have said. But Carphone stores have said anyone who has been affected and decides to take up a new iPhone connection with them will actually get their money back from Carphone stores 😊 that's decent of them. A Phones4U store near me has already changed to a new EE store within 2 weeks
--
Posted: 2014-10-08 01:47:00

etaab Posts: > 500

It just shows how much money these companies make from selling you a contract, that CPW will foot the loss of your deposit at Phones4U.
--
Posted: 2014-10-08 13:16:52
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home