Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : Apple posts the biggest quarterly profit in history
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple posts the biggest quarterly profit in history Bookmark topic
Page12>

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Apple reported a net profit of $18bn (£11.8bn) in its fiscal first quarter, which tops the $15.9bn made by ExxonMobil in the second quarter of 2012, according to Standard and Poor's.
Record sales of iPhones were behind the surge in profits.
Apple sold 74.5 million iPhones in the three months to 27 December - well ahead of most analysts' expectations.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31012410

Wow....love them or hate them but you have to admit that this is impressive.
--
Posted: 2015-01-28 10:00:20
Edit : Quote

chunkybeats Posts: 496

It's called the US and finally people have choice for a over 4 inch phone lol
--
Posted: 2015-01-28 10:30:59

badassmam Posts: > 500

Yes they sell huge numbers of expensive phones and well done for that but here in the UK they pay very little tax so its no surprise they do so well. Same goes for the likes of Starbucks which is the number one destination of Macbook users funnily enough.
--
Posted: 2015-01-28 11:36:44

While I don't agree with not paying enough taxes that has nothing to do with how much profit you ate making - the profit announced is always bwfore taxes and most certainly with selling 74 million iphones

Also from the what I read 60% of the income is coming from outside the US so whichever way you look at it these are some seriously impressive results
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2015-01-28 18:43 ]

--
Posted: 2015-01-28 19:41:39

One major factor is their success in China, they are top over there with the top network provider so just imagine the numbers.
--
Posted: 2015-01-28 23:23:55

One thing is clear though - users wanted large screens , and I think that's why Apple is selling so well in Asia , I read that even in South Korea they had a huge growth
--
Posted: 2015-01-28 23:31:23

chunkybeats Posts: 496

My personal opinion is the smartphone market will now slow down due to nearly everyone having one. The next manufacturer will need to bring something different to the table, LG are trying different things with the Flex and I dont see wearables being a major success due to the tech being too new and not essential for the form factor. It would be great if someone came up with a holographic screen which can be reflected on to any surface. I think Samsung experimented with something like that. Now that would be cool!!
--
Posted: 2015-01-29 01:05:02

I agree that would be cool , but will normal people buy it ? I think a balance needs to be found between coming up with something innovative and presenting a nice attractive phone .

To en extent Sony has the perfect combination - I really like the z3 series , I just don't understand why they are not doing better
--
Posted: 2015-01-29 08:08:38

Totally agree on the larger screen comment, every iPhone user I know has the 6+ even the ladies and I kind of wish my Z1C was a bit larger having used a Z3 recently. With Samsung making a hefty loss too, I also think the smartphone market is slowing down because each iteration of flagship has been too similar to the previous ones apart from the 6+ of course.
--
Posted: 2015-01-29 11:30:58

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

As far as I know, Samsung made a profit this quarter, no hefty loss, no? They made more profit than the previous quarter and beat analyst expectations BUT Y-on-Y, the profit has dipped.

As for Apple, $18billion in profit, that is simply INCREDIBLE, haters may hate but my goodness that is just incredible, this is a great example of a well run company, Tim Cook and the team have done an outstanding job, its not just phone OEMs that can learn here, there are damn oil companies and entire countries that could learn a lot from Apple. As much as some of you may hate it, when people talk about the top 10/50/100 best run companies, Apple will be in there for many decades to come, this is Apple's era, and will continue to be for a while.

I do ask myself when the hype will die, but if they continue improving the iPhones, iPads and Macbooks in the small steps that they have, it may last much longer than we think it will.
--
Posted: 2015-01-29 22:09:16
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home