Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia 1 III
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia 1 III Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... , 192021>

tai020381 Posts: > 500

Heat suppression firmware for Xperia 1III is scheduled to release in China on 7 September.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4677057621787902
--
Posted: 2021-09-04 03:36:23
Edit : Quote

xpr Posts: 328

So I've received my 1iii...and it's a disappointment, unfortunately.

Key issues:

1) Yes, I'm aware of the upcoming update that should deal with heat, but this is ridiculous. The phone gets so hot that it barely manages to charge itself. The performance is crazy fast, until it gets hot like hell and then the performance deteriorates massively.

The expected update may resolve the overheating problem, but to my understanding at the expense of performance.

2) 120hz is very smooth and cool, but my unit has an ugly green hue when 120hz is activated. Furthermore, there appears to be certain banding and the display brightness isn't uniform. It is not horrible, but it is there.

From what I've read, this green hue issue is somewhat widespread, but I'm not sure all units have it. I got mine from Clove UK and I wonder if swapping it for a different unit will resolve the green hue issue.

Perhaps just sending it back and getting my cash is the safest bet.
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2021-09-13 05:42 ]

--
Posted: 2021-09-13 01:47:34

On 2021-09-13 01:47:34, xpr wrote:

Key issues:

1) Yes, I'm aware of the upcoming update that should deal with heat, but this is ridiculous. The phone gets so hot that it barely manages to charge itself. The performance is crazy fast, until it gets hot like hell and then the performance deteriorates massively.

The expected update may resolve the overheating problem, but to my understanding at the expense of performance.

2) 120hz is very smooth and cool, but my unit has an ugly green hue when 120hz is activated. Furthermore, there appears to be certain banding and the display brightness isn't uniform. It is not horrible, but it is there.

From what I've read, this green hue issue is somewhat widespread, but I'm not sure all units have it. I got mine from Clove UK and I wonder if swapping it for a different unit will resolve the green hue issue.

Perhaps just sending it to back and getting my cash back is the safest bet.

Point number 1 : Fault not with Sony but with the chip manufacturer. Sony will come out firmware to solve heater issue and it has a few positive reviews. I'm waiting for version 92 firmware to download too.

Point number 2 : I activated 120Hz display and deem it unnecessary. Switched back to 60Hz display. Happy with the performance currently. Initial gotta let the phone learn your usage pattern.

Conclusion :
Its best you buy a non snapdragon 888 mobile (get next best snapdragon 870) . Next year rumored snapdragon 898 will also be manufactured by the same fabricating company and is again rumored to be another heater. So its best you wait till snapdragon 898+ flagship to arrive. But there might be semiconductor shortage globally / challenges.
--
Posted: 2021-09-13 04:27:54

On 2021-09-13 04:27:54, tai020381 wrote:

Key issues:

Point number 1 : Fault not with Sony but with the chip manufacturer. Sony will come out firmware to solve heater issue and it has a few positive reviews. I'm waiting for version 92 firmware to download too.

Point number 2 : I activated 120Hz display and deem it unnecessary. Switched back to 60Hz display. Happy with the performance currently. Initial gotta let the phone learn your usage pattern.

Conclusion :
Its best you buy a non snapdragon 888 mobile (get next best snapdragon 870) . Next year rumored snapdragon 898 will also be manufactured by the same fabricating company and is again rumored to be another heater. So its best you wait till snapdragon 898+ flagship to arrive. But there might be semiconductor shortage globally / challenges.

1) The fact is that Sony is releasing a software update to address the problem. This is not some minor issue that was overlooked during development. So while Sony may not manufacture the chip, they shouldn't have released the device like this. Sony certainly had time to make it right from the start.

2) I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What has usage learning got to do with a defective display panel?
--
Posted: 2021-09-13 06:27:22

On 2021-09-13 06:27:22, xpr wrote:

On 2021-09-13 04:27:54, tai020381 wrote:

Key issues:

Conclusion :

1) The fact is that Sony is releasing a software update to address the problem. This is not some minor issue that was overlooked during development. So while Sony may not manufacture the chip, they shouldn't have released the device like this. Sony certainly had time to make it right from the start.

2) I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What has usage learning got to do with a defective display panel?

Point 2. My bad.

Conclusion : you can let your xperia 1III go.
--
Posted: 2021-09-13 10:29:09

Has anyone encountered something like this on their 1 mark 3?

https://drive.google.com/file[....]OErd0VdDUlTB/view?usp=drivesdk
--
Posted: 2021-09-14 20:56:40

Luca-S Posts: 278

This is a faulty screen.
If repairing using Xperia Companion don't fix it, you'll need to change.
--
Posted: 2021-09-15 11:05:53

On 2021-09-14 20:56:40, xpr wrote:
Has anyone encountered something like this on their 1 mark 3?

https://drive.google.com/file[....]OErd0VdDUlTB/view?usp=drivesdk

I've examined another Xperia in person and found it to be same. A bit puzzled right now.

Furthermore, the other guy has shown me that when using 240hz in game enhancer, the screen becomes dimmer. AFAIK Sony emulates 240hz by inserting black frames in between. Could this be the reason?
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2021-09-23 19:38 ]

--
Posted: 2021-09-23 20:37:45

Another update came in. Somehow, Sony has restored performance without the heat. Got some 1120 single and 3370 multi in geekbench 5.
--
Posted: 2021-09-29 11:38:06

Hawk12 Posts: > 500

1iii now has green glass. Bit darker than 1ii.
--
Posted: 2021-10-20 15:01:50
Page <  123 ... , 192021>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home