Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Sony xperia 1 mark 5 announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony xperia 1 mark 5 announced Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678910>

Hawk12 Posts: > 500


On 2023-05-13 15:29:49, Shino03 wrote:
Detailed comparison between S23, apple 14 pro from Taiwan.
https://youtu.be/FcynzAWD2rw

I am really happy for Xperia finally putting those 200mp to shame 😅. I can't believe too how noisy the Hp sensor of Samsung is in the gsmarena photo comparison.

Xperia Finally nailed it.

Even the Telephoto sensor's quality has been improved.





Problem is samsung, not HP2. It is most advanced isocell ever.

Samsung uses too much NR to erase noise, then has to apply tons of sharpening to recover texture.

Often you get oil painting effect. Also the whole too much shadow lifting makes noise more visible in darker areas.


Problem with periscope last year was software. Mainly focus.

This is why many were talking about blurry photos.


--
Posted: 2023-05-13 15:33:24
Edit : Quote

tai020381 Posts: > 500

Taiwanese review.

https://www.eprice.com.tw/mob[....]02/1/rv/sony-xperia-1-v-review
--
Posted: 2023-05-14 08:18:16
Edit : Quote

xpr Posts: 328

Why isn't eSIM supported on all versions? And is there a 512gb + eSIM?
--
Posted: 2023-05-14 18:36:16
Edit : Quote

Hawk12 Posts: > 500

I do not understand why some ppl brag about the USA version is cheaper than last year.

It is cheaper because now USA gets 256GB instead of 512GB 1iv.


Everytime I see the new box, I think some 🍟 is gonna come out from there.
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2023-05-14 21:33 ]

--
Posted: 2023-05-14 18:52:28
Edit : Quote

cool_sauce Posts: 345

Video fov has really improved from the new sensor ratio.

There is one omission with WDR video on main cam though, they forgot to apply post processing they do on SDR video. SDR video on mail cam is really sharp but when you switch to wide dynamic range it gets smudged like it was filmed on 1IV/5IV. On 1IV/5IV both sdr and wdr videos look the same (smudged compared to 1V sdr video).
--
Posted: 2023-05-15 11:05:06
Edit : Quote

Hawk12 Posts: > 500

[quote]
On 2023-05-15 11:05:06, cool_sauce wrote:
Video fov has really improved from the new sensor ratio.

Yes, multi aspect sensor is to keep same fov between 4:3 and video ratios.
I just wish the usable 4:3 area was 1/1.3" instead, also a WRGB cmos.
Now that 5v did not show up, hard to imagine new pro-i now.


Bonus: no " silver" for Taiwan, because white was least sold of mark 4 and this "silver" is very close to white. They think ppl may not like again. Looks like black is most popular in Europe while Purple was in Asia.
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2023-05-15 15:56 ]

--
Posted: 2023-05-15 11:38:35
Edit : Quote

cool_sauce Posts: 345


On 2023-05-13 10:18:34, Hawk12 wrote:
3 things I dont understand


1) why removing notification light?
2) seriously ufs3.1?
3) sony claims back is glass, but it does exctly same noise of plastic if you scratch it. Very suspicious.


Well cost cutting is obvious. I'm not sure how much they saved by removing LED notification light considering they had to modify screen bezel in order to hide the translucent part. How much they could have saved there on a whole batch of let's say 700,000 phones? $35K total?

Glass on the back probably has thinner coating because of the diamondback structure. If they went thicker texture would have been lost. I always found Samsungs notorious for plastic feel and sound compared to Xperia because it was obvious they put less coating on the back of their phones, even on front. Xperia back in the XZ days didn't try to save on glass coating. It was thick and when you knocked on it had the thud sound.
--
Posted: 2023-05-16 11:47:46
Edit : Quote

tai020381 Posts: > 500

Quality vs iPhone 14 pro.
https://youtu.be/9lEqh_ab3yA




This youtuber praised Samsuung S23 ultra until the Xperia 1V came in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBgxgPNQiPY
[ This Message was edited by: tai020381 on 2023-05-16 14:46 ]

--
Posted: 2023-05-16 15:05:13
Edit : Quote

Hawk12 Posts: > 500


On 2023-05-16 15:05:13, tai020381 wrote:
Quality vs iPhone 14 pro.
https://youtu.be/9lEqh_ab3yA


This youtuber praised Samsuung S23 ultra until the Xperia 1V came in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBgxgPNQiPY
[ This Message was edited by: tai020381 on 2023-05-16 14:46 ]




I know this guy. Last year he shi***d on 1iv when it was announced. Basically called it "dead on arrival".
But when he got his hands on it, he suddenly fell in love.





Has anyone here placed order?
Can so eone check if it is really getting out of stock in China already?
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2023-05-17 00:13 ]

--
Posted: 2023-05-16 15:56:34
Edit : Quote

tai020381 Posts: > 500


On 2023-05-16 15:56:34, Hawk12 wrote:

On 2023-05-16 15:05:13, tai020381 wrote:
Quality vs iPhone 14 pro.
https://youtu.be/9lEqh_ab3yA


This youtuber praised Samsuung S23 ultra until the Xperia 1V came in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBgxgPNQiPY
[ This Message was edited by: tai020381 on 2023-05-16 14:46 ]




I know this guy. Last year he shi***d on 1iv when it was announced. Basically called it "dead on arrival".
But when he got his hands on it, he suddenly fell in love.





Has anyone here placed order?
Can so eone check if it is really getting out of stock in China already?
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2023-05-17 00:13 ]




A comment from gsmarena:

Pre-orders in China higher than expected.
Reception is better than mark2, the generation considered the best among the 4 previous.


--
Posted: 2023-05-17 02:06:37
Edit : Quote
Page <  12345678910>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home