Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : New to Esato? Please read this forum first : T39m - Pictures, connectivity, battery life, kudos ...
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > T39m - Pictures, connectivity, battery life, kudos ... Bookmark topic
mers Posts: 116

Hi folks,

First off, great site. Can't stop reading the posts, all my projects will have to wait. =)

I'm a proud new owner of a new T39m. Not so proud to begin with, it was reporting 175hrs of standby on an BHC-10. Sent it in for repair and it's now reporting ~500hrs and FW R4A008. Standby's still fluctuating, but much better. Which leads me to my first question, any chance of a survey type thing by the members on what battery life they get for their respective phones? Would be helpful in knowing what we should be getting with Bluetooth, etc turned off.

Simpler question two, there's an option in Settings -> Display -> Background -> Select Picture -> My Picture but it's greyed out. Any idea why?

Complicated question three. I'd like to be able to connect the phone to my desktop PC. Not sure whether to invest in Bluetooth, get an IR port, or go with the serial connection. Unless I'm mistaken, UART (serial) can handle 153kbps which is about what GPRS handles. So Bluetooth or the DRS-11 should handle Internet data just as well, I suppose. If it does, the test becomes managing phone books, calendars, etc. Is the DRS-11 so painfully slow to make a Bluetooth adaptor worth the cash for this purpose?

Thanks for the help; again, excellent site. Sorry if I've asked something that's already been discussed.

Cheers, mers

--
Posted: 2002-05-05 08:27:00
Edit : Quote

GOwin Posts: > 500

Hello mers.

First of all, welcome to ESATO! Have fun and I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Now, for your questions i suggest you use the SEARCH function first because they have been answered before.

Battery life is dependent on too many factors, here are recent discussions on T39 battery life:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=4394&forum=2#post49715

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=4758&forum=2#post48450

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=4547&forum=2#post45501

(do a search for more of the other discussions)

About the greyed out battery picture. Maybe you could try adjusting the display settings first? Settings -> Display -> Contrast and see if that changes anything.

About GPRS connectivity options. Personally I use IR and cable (thought it's not the official cable (DRS-10/11) but a modified flash/service cable. Got no complaints except that GPRS uses a lot of batt juice. A BT adaptor would be cool, but too hot for my pocket.

I use the cable and IR for the laptop, and cable for my home desktop.

The only difference between the modified cable and official cables from ericsson is that with the DRS cables you can attach the charger while the data cable is connected.

hth

PS
Don't forget, the "SEARCH" function is your friend

--
Posted: 2002-05-05 14:40:00

mers Posts: 116

Thanks gowin.

Sorry about the battery question, should have searched for that one. But I can't find answers to the other two.

1) Why is the option to choose a background from "My pictures" greyed out? Settings -> Display -> Background -> Select Picture -> My pictures is greyed out.

2) How long does it take to transfer contacts, calendars etc over Bluetooth vs DRS-11?

Cheers, mers

--
Posted: 2002-05-05 18:38:00

GOwin Posts: > 500

1) Hmm... it could be that you don't have any available background pictures from your phone. Try to get one from ESATO and send it to your phone. It will then save the new picture in "My Picture"

2) Depends on how much info you wish to sync. theoretically, BT would have an edge on speed over Cable - but i have no personal experience on BT synching.

hth.
--
Posted: 2002-05-06 01:10:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home